Good news: Aaron Sorkin's highly-anticipated, yet-to-be-named cable news drama is going to become a reality. HBO announced that they've ordered a ten-episode season of the show, which will mark the prolific screenwriter's return to TV and his first major project since the critically acclaimed film 'The Social Network.'
The series will focus on a cable news anchor, played by Jeff Daniels, and his staff, who "set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."
HBO has already recruited some big names to guest star in the weekly, hour-long drama. In addition to Daniels, Olivia Munn will play Sloan, a newsroom staffer, and Sam Waterston will play their boss. Dev Patel, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pil, John Gallagher, Jr., and Thomas Sadoski will fill out the newsroom staff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms He's Going To Start Making 'The Hateful Eight'
- Sarah Palin Launches Online TV Network Called The 'Sarah Palin Channel'
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Cast Gets Creepy & Crazy In New Poster Series
- 'Lucy' Knocks Out 'Hercules' To Dominate The Weekend Box Office
- 6 Beyonce Pictures That Will Make You Want to Take A Break
- More From ET