Good news: Aaron Sorkin's highly-anticipated, yet-to-be-named cable news drama is going to become a reality. HBO announced that they've ordered a ten-episode season of the show, which will mark the prolific screenwriter's return to TV and his first major project since the critically acclaimed film 'The Social Network.'
The series will focus on a cable news anchor, played by Jeff Daniels, and his staff, who "set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."
HBO has already recruited some big names to guest star in the weekly, hour-long drama. In addition to Daniels, Olivia Munn will play Sloan, a newsroom staffer, and Sam Waterston will play their boss. Dev Patel, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pil, John Gallagher, Jr., and Thomas Sadoski will fill out the newsroom staff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- Star Sightings
- No Photoshop Here -- Demi Lovato Shows off Her Bikini Ready Body!
- Jennifer Lawrence Calls Screaming Match With David O. Russell 'Tabloid Malarkey'
- More From ET