Good news: Aaron Sorkin's highly-anticipated, yet-to-be-named cable news drama is going to become a reality. HBO announced that they've ordered a ten-episode season of the show, which will mark the prolific screenwriter's return to TV and his first major project since the critically acclaimed film 'The Social Network.'
The series will focus on a cable news anchor, played by Jeff Daniels, and his staff, who "set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements."
HBO has already recruited some big names to guest star in the weekly, hour-long drama. In addition to Daniels, Olivia Munn will play Sloan, a newsroom staffer, and Sam Waterston will play their boss. Dev Patel, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pil, John Gallagher, Jr., and Thomas Sadoski will fill out the newsroom staff.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth Fights for Survival — Watch the Gross Video
- More From TVLine
- Julianne Moore Reveals Her Natural, Uncontrollable Hair to Ellen DeGeneres
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Christina Aguilera Returning to 'The Voice' for Season 10
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Scream Queens' Stars Spill on Shocking Bathtub Baby Reveal and M.I.A. Zayday!
- REPORT: Carey Mulligan Welcomes Baby With Marcus Mumford, Looks Flawless in Red Carpet Return
- More From ET