On 'Same Name' (Sun., 9PM ET on CBS), the former heavyweight champion of the world was charged with telling two sweet little girls a bedtime story.
I'm sure the sisters got a kick out of Tyson, who made the story come to life with characters, voices, cartoonish noises and a surprisingly dark ending.
As part of her stint as the celebrity Kathy Griffin, the Georgia mom had to step in to one of Griffin's stand-up gigs and give comedy a try. She got in a few good quips, but was lucky to get bailed out at the last minute by the return of celebrity Kathy.
What's more, she'd brought along her Georgian counterpart's family, who certainly looked like they enjoyed mom's inaugural try at stand-up comedy. They were far more excited, though, just to see her. We have a feeling, she'll be leaving the comedy to Hollywood's Kathy Griffin.
Kathy Griffin and Her 'Same Name' Counterpart Discuss Life-Swapping Experience on 'The Talk' (VIDEO)
"My biggest surprise has been the work that goes into a production," said fiberglass Kathy. "It's a lot of work. Kathy's got a tough life. And being a comedian, I learned, is really not easy." Comedian Kathy wasn't having a good time of it, either. "My domestic abilities are not what they're used to," she said, surrounded by the other Kathy's husband and two boys. "First of all, with my fame, I had to actually pour my own soda, find the ice, and the straw."
The premiere featured a couple of David Hasselhoffs swapping their worlds for four days. A simple Texas man found himself in The Hoff's mansion, while the former 'Baywatch' star found himself inside an oily circuit breaker he needed to clean. He also learned how to operate a riding mower.
In a shocking twist of logic that blew our minds away, Jordan put together the clues of a pair of opera binoculars and bars of soap to come up with David Hasselhoff as the mystery celebrity. Even with more clues, no one else was close, so she was treated to a sneak preview of 'Same Name' with three friends, hosted by The Hoff himself.
What's in a name? Well, a lot actually, if it's the same name as an international star. CBS' new reality show 'Same Name' (premieres Sun., July 24, 9PM ET) connects some regular people with familiar monikers with the celebs they share a name with. Celebs like Kathy Griffin, Reggie Bush and Mike Tyson will all meet their nominal dopplegangers this season.
But first up: Actor, singer and all-around Hoff-tastic name-dropper David Hasselhoff gets to meet and swap lives with David Haseloff Jr, an electrical technician and landscaper from Lake Jackson, Texas. (No, they aren't spelled exactly the same way, but that's pretty damn close.)
I caught up with The Hoff this morning while he was on the set shooting something fun at the 'Big Brother' house to promote the show. He opened up about throwing his name twin to the wolves, making him join him on stage at a concert in Germany, and finding out that they're really not that different.
He also gave some more details on his 'Sons of Anarchy' guest spot this season. We know he's playing a former porn star, but he also told us what his dirty nickname is, and that he gets to torture Tom Arnold (who plays porn producer Caruso on the show), which was "a lot of fun."
So what other shows would Hasselhoff like to guest star on? Paging a certain long-running medical drama! We might've just found you a new McDreamy ...
Michigan Mike found himself with a new haircut, stepping into the ring to spar a bit, while Punch Out Mike found himself measuring people's height as a nurse, reading to children in Michigan Mike's family, and strapping on skates for a game of hockey. He seemed to take everything with a healthy sense of humor.
The series premiere (Sun., July 24 at 9PM) sees Hoff trade lives with Texan David Hasselhoff Jr. In the preview video below, Hoff meets Hoff Jr. As if that weren't enough for you, Hoff Sr. is also there to get in on the Hoffy times.
After the hugs and introduction, celeb-Hoff whips out some autographs for the family to show off to their fellow Lake Jackson residents.
Watch the preview after the jump.
'Big Brother' will air three times a week starting Thu., July 7 at 9PM. Julie Chen returns as host.
Joining 'Big Brother' on CBS this summer is 'Same Name' (Sun., July 24 at 9PM), a new reality show about celebrities trading places with ordinary folks who share -- you guessed it -- the same name. The swap lasts for a week. David Hasselhoff (pictured) is featured in the premiere episode.
Neil Patrick Harris returns as host for the 65th Annual Tony Awards, live on Sun., June 12 at 8PM. Wayne Brady will host the Daytime Emmy Awards live on Sun., June 19 at 8PM.
Check out CBS's full summer schedule below.
AMC announced today that it is developing two new reality shows, 'Inside the DHS' and 'The Pitch,' to launch in late 2011 and early 2012. Ahem -- since this is AMC, they're "docu-stories." Okay then.
The first, 'Inside the DHS,' is a behind-the-scenes look at the Department of Homeland Security that's scheduled to premiere later this year. The second, 'The Pitch,' follows real-life Mad Men working at an ad agency. That will debut early next year.
In other TV news ...
• Syfy announced its summer premiere dates. New series 'Alphas' will debut Mon., July 11 at 10PM, directly after the season 4.5 premiere of 'Eureka.' 'Legend Quest' premieres Wed., July 13 at 10PM ET after the season 3 premiere of 'Ghost Hunters,' while 'Haunted Collector' will be paired with 'Hollywood Treasure' starting Wed., June 1. [THR]
• Julia Ormond has joined the star-studded lineup of 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent''s final season. She'll appear in all eight episodes as a police psychologist counseling Vincent D'Onofrio's Detective Goren. [Deadline]
• NKOTBSB member Joey McIntyre will take a break from his busy summer tour to guest star on an episode of 'Psych.' The singer will play a buff cop. [Entertainment Weekly]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2014 Grammy noms: Miley Cyrus snubbed, Katy Perry and Sara Bareilles face off
- 'Nikita' recap: Birkhoff's secret past (and name) is revealed ... though is it too late?
- Grammys 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis lead the nominations list
- 'Bones' recap: Did McKayla Maroney impress in 'The Spark in the Park'?
- 'Breaking the Faith': Meeting Mormons in Salt Lake City
- More From Zap2it
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- More From TVLine