The Marvel movie staple dropped by 'The Late Show With David Letterman' (Weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS) to chat about a star-studded golf game that Trump invited him to play in.
Trump asked Jackson to join a game with a few friends, and one of those friends just happened to be Bill Clinton. Which brings me to my next question: Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are golfing buddies?
Perhaps golf is a more important sport than we thought it was. Maybe, one day, golf will be the one interest that all men will have in common.
While Jackson himself isn't a pro at the sport, he says Clinton isn't exactly gonna be seen wearing a green Masters jacket anytime soon either.
Given the high quality of paid cable fare, I'm not surprised that these two stars are willing to do an HBO movie. Even the premise sounds interesting: Jackson's character saves Jones' character from being hit by a Harlem subway train, leading to a debate on their relative upbringings and value of their lives.
The article doesn't indicate if the movie is intended for their network or a theatrical release. It wouldn't surprise me if it went theatrical. It sounds like the sort of movie that the Academy would love. I'm just hoping that Jackson will say at some point in the movie that he's had it with these motherf***in brakes on these motherf***in trains.
TV stars like William Shatner, Brent Spiner and Mark Hamill will join movie big shots like Chris Pine, Samuel L. Jackson and James Earl Jones in Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey.
Producer -- Dr. Larry "Doc" Kloor (scientist science fiction writer and the only human in history to earn two doctorates simultaneously) -- led the panel with special guests Bob Picardo, Doug Jones and a call-in by Pine.
According to Kloor, Pine plays Dave -- "a photon who lives in Sun City, at the core of the Sun. He's forced from the Sun and drawn into an epic battle between The Core (Shatner -- right) and The Void -- the embodiment of nothingness (Hamill)."
It's nothing but a million-dollar idea for getting some useless ink in what's left of the local papers and making a quick buck off the cell texting charges by getting people to vote for awards that mean nothing. It's the television equivalent of the participation medals you got in elementary school for not dying during the mile run.
Thanks to Samuel L. Jackson's work as the host of the recent ESPY Awards, I will sit through whatever awards show he hosts from now on. I don't care if the National Sewage Treatment Board of America hires him to host their annual "Sewey" awards.
Big news on the anime front: Spike TV sent out a press release recently that Samuel L. Jackson will produce and voice the hotly anticipated five episode anime series Afro Samurai with Japanese anime studio Gonzo and Fuji Television.
The tale spins around a black samurai, Afro, to be voiced by Jackson, who is on a quest to avenge his father's death, meeting "enemies, friends and challenges along the way". Hopefully the series will be more original than the storyline of "antisocial warrior avenging the wrongful death of his (insert relative of your choice here)". Jackson overflows with talent on the big screen, but Afro Samurai will need to pack a lot more punch than its initial press release to stand out in the anime crowd, even with his gravely voice bringing life to the lead role.
The series blends samurai style with hip-hop, something the Spike TV folks claim in their press release "American audiences have never seen before". Guess the Spike TV guys haven't been keeping up with Shinichiro Watanabe's latest effort, Samurai Champloo.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Once Upon a Time' Casts 'Frozen' Characters Prince Hans and Pabbie the Troll King
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is Done with 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More From BuddyTV
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 Poster Promises Same Shift on a Different Day — Plus: An 'Artsy' Photo Shoot Video
- Will iZombie 'Out-Gore' Walking Dead? Is Veronica Mars Crossover Inevitable?
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams on Lady Stoneheart, 'Snobby' Book Readers and Her New Movie Heatstroke
- Sons of Anarchy Video: The Naked Truth Behind Charlie Hunnam's Surprising Comic-Con No-Show
- More From TVLine
- Elizabeth Banks Doesn't Want You to Be Ashamed of Sex
- 'The Bachelorette' Reveals Sappy Concession Letter from Runner-Up
- Exclusive: See Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber in Jail Together
- G.R.L. Brings a New Meaning to Girl Power
- Ariana Grande On Her Late Grandpa and Falling Out of Touch With Her Dad
- More From ET