(8PM, ABC, CBS, NBC, E!)
It's everything a good telethon should be: Educational, entertaining and likely to raise millions of dollars for cancer research.
Part of a larger, ongoing effort to raise funds, this star-studded hour will be broadcast commercial-free and include reports from newsers Katie Couric and Brian Williams, a visit to a cancer hospital and 'Desperate Housewives' star Dana Delany undergoing a mammogram.
Other celebs appearing: Cancer survivors Christina Applegate, Lance Armstrong, Elizabeth Edwards and Robin Roberts, plus Meryl Streep, Jennifer Aniston, Masi Oka, Homer and Marge Simpson, the casts of 'Lost' and '30 Rock' and 'American Idol' winner David Cook.
Morning was weird, as I was still on east-coast time. My alarm was set for 7 AM, but I was wide-awake by 5:30. I was scheduled to go to an X-Box breakfast that morning, but I was getting freaked out that I'd miss getting in to wait for the Stargate panels, most of which I was saving for Rich but I knew would be incredibly popular and busy. Thankfully I made the right decision -- the line for Ballroom 20 was already insane by the time I arrived.
As I waited for Ballroom 20, I saw another line creeping up the patio outside. I learned that this was just a glimpse of what to expect with waiting for panels in the enormous Hall H, as the line I saw was for the popular Watchmen panel. Trust me, part of me was jealous I wasn't in that line to see the new footage.
Okay, show of hands. How many of you are going to the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con to see all of the panels being held by the many television studios and shows? Uh-huh, a good amount. Now, how many of you are going to be perusing the booths and dealers down at the exhibit hall? Ahhh, not so fast!
If you're a fan of all things television and you think you'll have some time to see what else is going on during this, the world's largest science fiction and comic book convention, you may want to re-think your plans. This isn't your grandfather's, father's, or even older brother's comic book convention.
Starting last year this convention has become the biggest television event between the TCA's the week before (which we are covering, by the way) and the Emmy's at the end of the summer. This year is no exception as the days are packed with shows varying from Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica to Big Bang Theory and Bones.
ABC Family has ordered a pilot for Samurai Girl, a new series based on the book Samurai Girl: Book of the Sword by Carrie Asai. Other books in the series include Book of the Wind, Book of the Shadow, Book of the Flame and Book of the Heart, but according to Variety the new series will be based solely on Book of the Sword, which tells the tale of a girl named Heaven, who, rescued from a plane crash as an infant, grows up with an adoptive Kogo family that hides a "dark secret." Heaven must use her samurai ways to learn all she can.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 11?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Interviews: Executive Producers Tease New Faces and Challenges in Season 2
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.11 Photos: Winter Comes Early to Chester's Mill
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Modern Family Adds Anders, Office Vet to B99 and More
- How Is The Leftovers' Kevin Hangin'? Is Arrow Wild About Warblers? Is Liars Timeline Pretty Crazy? And More TV Qs
- Chad Michael Murray, Dollhouse Fave Join Cast of Marvel's Agent Carter
- Arrow's Crazy No. 1 Fan Is... Sam and Dean Winchester's Mom?
- Teen Wolf's New Recruit Outlines Brett's Loyalty, Ponders Mason's Crush
- More From TVLine
- Riff Raff Calls Sam Smith a 'Chubby Little F*ck Factory'
- Flashback Friday: ET's First Interview With Maroon 5, 10 Years Later
- Ariana Grande on Big Sean: 'I'm Happy'
- Did Kendall and Kylie Jenner Go Too Far with this Controversial 'DuJour' Photoshoot?
- See Ed Sheeran in Drag as 'Little Orphan Annie'
- More From ET