Sandcastles in the Sand
But all of it was a ruse. A week-long ruse to distract us from realizing what was really going to happen in this episode. Since I don't want to spoil it for anyone, come with me to the after-jump portion of our review and then we can talk.
For those that haven't heard, Robin Sparkles makes a triumphant return to How I Met Your Mother this coming Monday night, featuring guest appearances from Alan Thicke and James Van Der Beek.
Turns out, "Let's Go to the Mall" was only the A-side to her wildly popular Canadian pop single, first heard in the episode "Slap Bet." The B-side? "Sandcastles in the Sand," a cheesy ballad chock full of Canadian and 80's goodness... even though the song was supposedly recorded in the early 90's.
Well if you can't wait to hear it, now you can. Variety received the song and you can stream it from their website here. While not as catchy as "...Mall," the tune is still hilarious, full of Canuck references ("Together we were gonna travel the globe, from Alberta to Ontario.") and funny one-liners ("I miss your hair."). There's nothing yet on Sparkles' MySpace page, except the artwork for the album. I'm sure the full video will be posted after the show airs. It's sure to be an another huge viral hit for CBS and HIMYM.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Shemar Moore drinks wine, flirts on Twitter
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 5 reasons why you should still be watching
- 'The Voice': Matthew Schuler on Christina Aguilera's parting words, meeting Kelly Clarkson
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits talks Nero's perogative going into the Season 6 finale
- 'The Tomorrow People's' Luke Mitchell never wanted to be an actor
- More From Zap2it
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- TVLine Items: Veronica Mars Movie Launch Date, Shield Vet Joins Fox's Gang Related and More!
- Exclusive: The Originals Conjures Up Witchy Role For Stargate Actress Elyse Levesque
- Exclusive Nashville Video: Juliette-Layla Battle Rages, Classic Hayden Panettiere Snark Follows
- Ratings: Voice, Dads and Fire Rise, The Originals and Supernatural Enter Break on a High Note
- More From TVLine