Was that the first time a network show actually endorsed atheism?
I mean, I've seen Bill Maher throw his anti-religion grenades, but that's HBO and that's Bill Maher. To my knowledge no network -- even a network like Fox, which once had a line-up made up entirely of World's Scariest Alien Autoposies -- had ever come down this hard on the beliefs of its viewers...
Were you expecting a cameo by Bruce Willis on Chuck tonight? I was. The moment I saw Reginald VelJohnson in cop blues as Al, I just expected that John McClane might turn up at the Buy More looking to buy an iPod for his daughter or maybe a toaster for ex-wife Holly.
Yes, the connection to Die Hard was a major theme, especially with the Buy More staff (and Chuck's family) being held hostage by Ned, a supposed down-on-his-luck schlub who ends a high speed chase through L.A. by driving his compact through the entrance of the store.
Here's a cute little video, courtesy of Spolerbuzz (by way of YouTube) that places jolly old Santa into the world of 24. Entitled 24th it takes place between 11:58 PM and midnight. Santa has a dilemma: there's no chimney to climb down. So, who does he call? Well, his favorite C.T.U. (that would be Christmas Toy Unit) elf Chloe, who gives him the schematics of the house and a way to get in.
Along the way he encounters a nosy little girl and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. Sorry, no one gets kidnapped, maimed or killed, and the United States is not obliterated by nuclear, biological or chemical weapons. Heck, I'm sure Jack Bauer was probably sleeping when Santa went on his yearly Ops mission. It's just a sweet little piece of film that promotes the newest season of 24, which premieres in January.
You can view the clip by clicking on this link.
- At 8, NBC has It's A Wonderful Life.
- FOX has a new Cops at 8, followed by a repeat episode and a new America's Most Wanted.
- TLC has two new episodes of Little People, Big World at 8, then Trading Spaces: All-Stars.
- AMC has Prancer at 8, followed by Miracle on 34th Street.
- There's a new reDesign on HGTV at 8.
- More holiday cooking on Food Network at 8: Emeril Live (with guests Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Tyler Florence and Dave Lieberman), followed by the All Star Holiday Party and All Star Holiday Gifts.
- Also at 8: Sci-Fi has a new ECW.
- At 9, CNBC has a new Suze Orman Show.
- HGTV has a new Designer's Challenge at 9.
- At 10, Jay Mohr stars in Christmas Do-Over on ABC Family.
- At 11, FOX has a Christmas Mad TV, with Jeff Probst, followed by a new Talk Show With Spike Feresten.
- At 11:30, NBC has a new Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake.
Wait a second. December 8? Isn't that a little eary for a classic Christmas special? I know that every company starts to celebrate and advertise Christmas earlier and earlier every single year (this year all the stores in my area had Christmas decorations for sale right next to Halloween candy in October), but shouldn't shows this classic be aired closer to December 25, or at least repeated later in December after the December 8th airing?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 Finale Predictions: Who is Going to Win?
- 'Revolution': 23 Shocking Moments from 'Clue'
- 14 TV Characters Who Would Make Good Drinking Buddies
- More From BuddyTV
- TV ratings: Final 'Dancing With the Stars' performances rise while 'The Voice' dips Monday
- 'Grimm' Season 2 finale preview: 5 things to expect in 'Goodnight, Sweet Grimm'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 finale: McGarrett finds himself in a tight spot
- 'Bates Motel' finale recap: Season 1 episode 10 'Midnight' - Norman goes psycho
- 'Motive' premiere: Are you intrigued by the whys and wherefores?
- More From Zap2it
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- Exclusive Preview: Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Disney XD — Plus: The Super Premiere Plan
- What to Watch Tuesday: Grimm's Dead End, DWTS' Last Dance, Bachelor Bloopers and More
- The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?
- John Barrowman to Host Celeb Singing Series
- More From TVLine