(S07E07) Things were a little different for the results show this week. The unfortunate injury that forced Misty May-Treanor out of the competition left the producers in a quandary. If they were to eliminate another team, they would be a week short for the planned season. Personally, I would have rather seen an elimination tonight and an extra week tacked on somewhere down the line. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Much like what we saw when Sara Evans quit the show, they stretched, and stretched, before getting to the announcement. Along with that slow coming revelation, they also managed to have the best collection of music and dance of the season so far.
As to Sara, they teased it for 83 minutes before finally getting to Tom's interview. I didn't expect Tom to go all Ed Bradley on Sara asking about the divorce, the hard drive, etc. There wasn't anything covered that hasn't been in all the reports going around. She explained her side of everything well and you can't fault her for dropping out. What they didn't reveal is how the show will deal with Sara leaving early. We'll have to tune in tomorrow to find that out. For now, on with the show.
There is no information available regarding what the show is going to do. Given that it is two of the top ten shows on television, ratings wise, I don't see them shortening the run by a week. The simple answer would seem to be bringing back Willa Ford. She was eliminated this week, despite being one of the better dancers. ABC told E! that we will have to tune in on Tuesday to find out more.
Things take a turn for the better as Rod Stewart performs Hot Legs while Edyta and Kym dance. This was really good. Rod's still got it. A bit of a departure from what we are used to seeing Edyta and Kym doing, but still fun. They both looked great and did a nice job.
This week the stars are choosing between the samba and the rumba. With a couple notable exceptions, there has been some great improvement among the celebrities. It made for a pretty impressive show overall. My apologies for the lack of screencaps this week, my PVR ate the file. That said, on with the show.
This notion of, 'We didn't know we were breaking the rules' boggles me. How do you not know? Especially if the rule is 'No Lifts.' That's not hard to remember. It doesn't even require higher math. Just don't do lifts. It was good for them to have Len go through the basic rules. They should have done that on one of the earlier results shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Blair Underwood is caught between the love of two very different women
- Watch '24: Live Another Day' new promo: There's no going home for Jack Bauer
- Hallmark Channel's 'A Ring By Spring': Watch a promo for Rachel Boston's sweet rom-com
- Robert Buckley lands lead role in Rob Thomas''iZombie'; 'Orphan Black' streaming Season 1 on Amazon Prime
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- More From TVLine