(S07E07) Things were a little different for the results show this week. The unfortunate injury that forced Misty May-Treanor out of the competition left the producers in a quandary. If they were to eliminate another team, they would be a week short for the planned season. Personally, I would have rather seen an elimination tonight and an extra week tacked on somewhere down the line. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Much like what we saw when Sara Evans quit the show, they stretched, and stretched, before getting to the announcement. Along with that slow coming revelation, they also managed to have the best collection of music and dance of the season so far.
As to Sara, they teased it for 83 minutes before finally getting to Tom's interview. I didn't expect Tom to go all Ed Bradley on Sara asking about the divorce, the hard drive, etc. There wasn't anything covered that hasn't been in all the reports going around. She explained her side of everything well and you can't fault her for dropping out. What they didn't reveal is how the show will deal with Sara leaving early. We'll have to tune in tomorrow to find that out. For now, on with the show.
There is no information available regarding what the show is going to do. Given that it is two of the top ten shows on television, ratings wise, I don't see them shortening the run by a week. The simple answer would seem to be bringing back Willa Ford. She was eliminated this week, despite being one of the better dancers. ABC told E! that we will have to tune in on Tuesday to find out more.
Things take a turn for the better as Rod Stewart performs Hot Legs while Edyta and Kym dance. This was really good. Rod's still got it. A bit of a departure from what we are used to seeing Edyta and Kym doing, but still fun. They both looked great and did a nice job.
This week the stars are choosing between the samba and the rumba. With a couple notable exceptions, there has been some great improvement among the celebrities. It made for a pretty impressive show overall. My apologies for the lack of screencaps this week, my PVR ate the file. That said, on with the show.
This notion of, 'We didn't know we were breaking the rules' boggles me. How do you not know? Especially if the rule is 'No Lifts.' That's not hard to remember. It doesn't even require higher math. Just don't do lifts. It was good for them to have Len go through the basic rules. They should have done that on one of the earlier results shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- 'Once Upon a Time' at New York Comic-Con: Emma's Struggle, Answers about Lancelot, Hook's Father and More
- ?Heroes Reborn?: The 15 Most Exciting Quotes from 'The Needs of the Many'
- More From BuddyTV
- Reign Season 3 Premiere Recap: Liars and Tigers and Queens, Oh My
- Blindspot Snags Full-Season Order
- Agent Carter Season 2: Outlander Actress Cast as Jarvis' Wife
- Once Upon a Time: Hook's Dad Is On the Way, Plus Merida/Mulan/Ruby Fun — And Maybe a 'Rumbelle' Baby?
- Teen Wolf Season 5B Trailer: Argent Returns, Stiles Fights Scott and More
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET