As I was looking around the current crop of television shows, I found ten characters who seem to capture the essence of cool -- whether they know it or not. After the jump, we count them down.
With all of the starry-eyed, out-of-work Midwesterners who litter Sunset Blvd., one would assume that our television landscape would be similarly populated with corn-fed blonds. You would, however, be wrong. In fact, there are a ton of non-Americans who have come to Hollywood to take all of our primetime show-starring jobs.
What's fun for me is watching the shows to see who does a good version of an American accent, and who needs to spend a little more time with their dialect coaches. Below are nine stars who've jumped the pond to come to the good ol' U. S. of A.
Like anything, watching television can be a habit. There are certain shows that you tune into on a regular basis because they make you feel safe, comfortable and give you that feeling of stability that may or may not surround the rest of your life. Because of that it can be difficult to latch on to a new show to watch. There's that uncertainty, that fear that you won't get used to the plot or the characters or the general feel for the show.
This is particularly true in my case since I watch a certain set of shows each week for review. However, this season I have decided to expand my television horizons a bit and search for some new programs to get involved with. By new programs I don't mean shows premiering this season, but programs that have been on the air for a while that I have never sen before of have glanced at from time to time. So, without further pontification, here are five shows that I'm now tuning into.
Executive producer Josh Schwartz says Nicole Richie is actually quite funny: "Nicole auditioned for the part and was very funny. This role is a great opportunity for her to show off her comedic skills and be diabolically evil and kick some butt."
The NBC promo machine, while not only splicing in cute little ad-libbed (I'm guessing here) bits with the actors, promised more new episodes of Chuck "Coming Soon." Well, I don't know how they define soon, but considering there are no more episodes written and the writers are still on strike as of this writing, it looks like their soon is my later.
(S01E12) "If you want to go through life all emotionally constipated and alone, then suit yourself. I'll let you get back to protecting the greater good, you freaking robot." (Chuck to Casey)
Last night's first of two new Chucks was about learning that the supporting characters are human, too. Casey than just a cold-as-ice NSA Agent who would probably kill everyone in the room if he was ever the subject of a roast and has mastered the art of communicating with eye winces, grunts and scowls. Ellie and Devon/Captain Awesome actually have a relationship issue, which ... Morgan? ... diagnoses?! And we get nothing on the tired "is it or isn't it?," "does she or doesn't she?" non-romance between Chuck and Sarah (thank god!). In fact, they barely had any screen time together and I think it was, well, awesome!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 2?
- 'Penny Dreadful': Which Characters Will Be Back for Season 3?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- 'The Bachelorette' Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home Week 8?
- More From BuddyTV
- Supernatural Season 11: The Darkness Invades! — What Happens Next?
- TNT's Public Morals Trailer: Ed Burns Is a Morally Casual Cop in '60s Drama
- The Good Wife Season 7: Makenzie Vega No Longer a Series Regular
- Good Wife Retains Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Season 7 Regular — Is He (Finally) the One for Alicia?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Series Gets Premiere Date, Explosive New Poster
- More From TVLine
- See Khloe Kardashian and James Harden Partying in Las Vegas Together
- This Trailer For 'Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events' Is Amazing – But Totally Fake!
- Amy Schumer's Perfect 'Real Housewives' Audition Will Make You Wish She Was One
- Hugh Jackman's Wife Says He's 'Not Allowed' to Work With Angelina Jolie
- Caitlyn Jenner Writes About Her 'Responsibility' to Transgender Community in Touching Blog Post
- More From ET