June 29, 2015
by Ryan j Budke, posted Jan 24th 2006 9:42AM
First off, no one loves Arrested Development more than I do. I can remember the first time I saw this quirky little show about a way-dysfunctional family, and thought "that makes mine look slightly more normal." On this site alone, I've written love letter after love letter in the form of reviews. I've signed every petition, I've tuned in for every episode and I own both seasons, so far, on DVD. That still wasn't enough for FOX, and no matter how much I loved the show, I'm only one man, and it appeared the majority of America disagreed with me.
Late last year, FOX announced that they were cutting back the ordered episodes of Arrested Development, from 22 to 13, a sure sign that a show is cancelled. Like a spoiled child with a broken toy, though, FOX still refused (as of this morning, even) to let go and "officially" cancel the show, waiting instead to see if there was "potential for the show to still find it's audience on FOX" (-Peter Liguori, Development President), you know, with it's final four episodes. The ones that are airing back to back Friday February 10th. Against the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. Yea, that's going to be a ratings juggernaut. Even though the show hasn't been canceled, and therefore there can't be any "real" discussions about the show being picked up by another network, there has certainly been a fair share of rumors. And this, my dear TV Squad readers, is where I have to apologize.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Fosters' Recap: A Special Prom Night Turns Awkward
- 'Scream' Series Premiere and Cast Photos
- NeNe Leakes Leaving 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Check Out the Official Warner Bros. 2015 San Diego Comic-Con Bags
- 'Teen Wolf': Everything You Need to Know Before the Season 5 Premiere
- More From BuddyTV
- Hillary Clinton's Famous Friends
- Stars That Step Out in Same Style
- 'Fifty Shades' Author E L James Did a Twitter Q&A and It Completely Backfired
- Katy Perry Beats Taylor Swift on Forbes' Highest-Paid Celebs List
- 'Dallas' Star Charlene Tilton Opens Up About Her Difficult Time in Foster Care
- More From ET