She told the world that the women of animation aren't just vehicles for humor or straight characters to set up punchlines for the males on the paper. She helped us realize they have thoughts, feelings, emotions and yes, even urges that make them unique, infinitely interesting and utterly fascinating. They are, as Dr. Frasier Crane so eloquently put it, "like a fine wine: always intoxicated, ever surprising and only getting better with age."
And so, for the cause of gender equality and female empowerment, here are the ten cartoon chicks who should pose naked because it would be righteously awesome.
Apparently the "car gene" never quite took hold in me, because while both my father and younger brother are pretty big gear heads, looking at a car just doesn't stir up any interest in me. I might as well be studying a paper bag full of cotton balls, I simply have no interest in automobiles of any kind. However, if we're talking TV cars, well that's a different story. I loves me some TV cars, and here's five I really like. Got some you want to add to my list? Slap 'em down in the comments. Now let's ride:
The General Lee: There were actually several "General Lees" used throughout the Dukes of Hazzard's run, which makes sense, considering how often the Duke boys crashed it, jumped it over hay bales, and used it to thwart the schemes of Boss Hog. Also, sliding across the hood like that can't be good for the paint job. A fun show, sure, but also a lesson in how not to treat your car. Unless you happen to be fightin' the system like two modern day Robin Hoods, then I guess it's okay.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Has Jimmy Discovered His Calling?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Which Coach Makes a Major Comeback?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- More From TVLine