She told the world that the women of animation aren't just vehicles for humor or straight characters to set up punchlines for the males on the paper. She helped us realize they have thoughts, feelings, emotions and yes, even urges that make them unique, infinitely interesting and utterly fascinating. They are, as Dr. Frasier Crane so eloquently put it, "like a fine wine: always intoxicated, ever surprising and only getting better with age."
And so, for the cause of gender equality and female empowerment, here are the ten cartoon chicks who should pose naked because it would be righteously awesome.
Apparently the "car gene" never quite took hold in me, because while both my father and younger brother are pretty big gear heads, looking at a car just doesn't stir up any interest in me. I might as well be studying a paper bag full of cotton balls, I simply have no interest in automobiles of any kind. However, if we're talking TV cars, well that's a different story. I loves me some TV cars, and here's five I really like. Got some you want to add to my list? Slap 'em down in the comments. Now let's ride:
The General Lee: There were actually several "General Lees" used throughout the Dukes of Hazzard's run, which makes sense, considering how often the Duke boys crashed it, jumped it over hay bales, and used it to thwart the schemes of Boss Hog. Also, sliding across the hood like that can't be good for the paint job. A fun show, sure, but also a lesson in how not to treat your car. Unless you happen to be fightin' the system like two modern day Robin Hoods, then I guess it's okay.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Simpsons' come to Florida: Universal Studios is building Springfield
- 'American Idol' stabbing: Candice versus Kree leads to blood
- 'Rookie Blue' Season 4 premiere recap: 'Surprises,' indeed
- 'Showville' premiere: Blaine is the stool capital of the world
- 'Save Me' series premiere: Never has a title been more accurate
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Friday: Audra McDonald Sings, XIII Tries on Another Life, Maron Is Tied Up and More
- Did NBC's Save Me Make You a Convert?
- Sons of Anarchy Casts Shield Vet CCH Pounder
- TV Season Champs: NCIS Outdraws Sunday Night Football, Top-Rated New Comedies All Got Axed
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More
- More From TVLine