(S05E24) This was a bit of a departure in terms of what we've come to expect from a season finale in the world of CSI, be it Vegas, New York, or Miami. I'm not complaining though. This episode felt much more like a wrap up of the fifth season of CSI: Miami and rather than leave us hanging with a ton of questions (there were a few), it left me feeling far more satisfied than I expected. Especially since we can look forward to plenty of new developments in the fall. I actually felt much better that one spoiler which had been floating around, never came to fruition. It appears that the whole mess with Horatio being in a plane crash may have just been an exaggeration of the van crash that did occur in the episode. For once, I was glad we didn't get a grand, nail-biting finale.
(S05E23) "I wear make-up now." -Wolfe
Great episode! Solid case, plenty of tense moments, and what turned out to be a really good (slightly cheesy) performance from Jonathan Togo.
The big question on everyone's mind? Wolfe ain't going anywhere. Looks like we're only getting one episode revolving around his brief flirtation with being a TV news "special correspondent," and one was more than enough. It was thoroughly enjoyable but man, was it weird to see him doing something so different or what? It definitely felt like he was selling out his former colleagues by busting out some of the tricks of the trade on live TV, but at least he came to his senses by the end of the hour.
(S05E21) I really enjoyed this episode a lot, but I have to ask. Why did the preview from last week's episode make it seem like some real serious fireworks were going to go off between Calleigh and Delko? I recall something along the lines of, "the moment we've all waited for." What moment? She gave him a peck on the cheek to say thanks! That was it! Realistically, this will lead to something further in the coming final episodes (Delko seemed a bit smitten), but why blow the exciting preview on this instance? It wasn't a big deal at all. The rest of the episode was quite good though. Solid case as well as some shady stuff happening in the crime lab.
(S05E20) This was kind of an interesting episode if you think about it. It was a good concept. Essentially, they took something that was glitzy and over-the-top to begin with and layered it with a storyline about Hollywood, drugs, rehab, and murder. Doesn't get much better than that. Throw in some nods to actual celebrities (similar to Dirt) and we got one of the better CSI: Miami episodes this season.
However, since I love this show, I still have to gripe because there were plenty of things that could have been a little better.
(S05E19) Something about this show... I just can't get enough of it. Despite the tirade of complaints every episode tends to generate week in and week out, there's one thing you can't argue. It's always good. Of course, degrees of "what's good" can vary when you address a show like this. So I suppose I'm just making the same argument I always make. Enjoy CSI: Miami for what it is. Over the top television at it's finest.
Continuing with that trend, the show has gone ahead and developed Scott O'Shay (played to the sleaziest by Ed Begley Jr.) into Horatio's latest nemesis. H's feud with Stetler has long since been forgotten and Riaz is dead, so it's time for someone else to get in the way. Supervisor O'Shay is it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bates Motel': The Best and Craziest Moments from Season 1
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 4 Finale: 7 Cliffhangers to be Addressed in Season 5
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a Copy of the 'Game of Thrones' Book 1 or 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' on DVD
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Little Couple's' Bill Klein will dye your dog pink
- 'Dancing With the Stars' costumes get played by ear on a weekly basis
- 'Suits' Season 3 spoiler roundup: Harvey dumps Mike, Mike dates Rachel and more
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 9 - 'S.O.B.s'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 finale: Winner predictions and technical difficulties
- More From Zap2it
- The Voice's Vedo on Surviving His MTV Past, Tackling Bryan Adams and Michael Jackson
- TVLine Items: XBox Orders Live-Action Halo Series, Rena Sofer to Bold and Beautiful and More
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- More From TVLine