Well now, if you were having trouble deciding between the competing biker shows in development, perhaps this news will tip your TV watching scales. FX has signed up Ron Perlman (Beauty And The Beast) to take over the role of Clay, president of the motorcycle club, and step-father to the main character Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam), in Kurt Sutter's Sons Of Anarchy.
The part was played by Scott Glenn in the pilot, but the powers that be chose to recast it after deciding to make the series more of a dark comedy. I'm not exactly sure what that means, because I could go for Glenn in a dark comedy, but adding Perlman does heighten my interest in the show, to be sure. If you just can't wait for the show to premiere to get your Perlman fix, he'll be showing up at your local multiplex with Hellboy II: The Golden Army in July.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.4 Photos: Vance Returns to Field Duty
- More From BuddyTV
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 3
- Halt and Catch Fire Scores Season 3 Renewal Amid Showrunner Switch
- Twin Peaks Recasts Major Role for Revival (and It's a Total Bummer)
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- More From TVLine
- Lance Bass Clarifies 'Inappropriate Touching' Comments: 'No One From *NSYNC Was Molested'
- Janet Jackson and N.W.A. Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peek: Hook and Emma Relive Their First Date -- And It's Intense!
- Marvel Announces 'Ant-Man' Sequel -- and a Female Superhero Is Finally Getting Her Name in the Title!
- Alek Skarlatos Asks Fans to Pray for 'Stone Family' After Fellow Train Hero, Spencer Stone, Is Stabbed
- More From ET