According to TVLine, Jonas will play Ryan, the absentee father of Mike Baxter's (Tim Allen) grandson. Jonas will appear in the Christmas-themed episode of the ABC comedy.
Jonas popped up on Matthew Perry's 'Mr. Sunshine' and recently filmed a guest appearance for NBC's midseason musical drama, 'Smash.'
He'll be appearing in 'How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying' on Broadway starting this winter.
In other casting news ...
"He's everybody's favorite Ninja Turtle," Astin told Entertainment Weekly. "Raphael's the coolest, no question about it. Ask anybody."
The new cartoon series will debut on Nickelodeon during fall 2012, but fans will be able to get a sneak peek at the series at this year's San Diego Comic Con.
In other TV news ...
The FOX show just continues to add more and more new characters to the show.
The newest cast member is Michael Angarano. You might remember him as Jack's son on Will and Grace, and the star of the incredibly underrated drama Cover Me several years back, as well as the movies Sky High, Almost Famous, Lords of Dogtown, and Seabiscuit.
The new season of 24 starts in January.
The series begins Friday, June 9 at 8 pm (ET) on Animal Planet.
Frankly, I'm still flabbergasted at the casting of Sean Astin, and the waxing of Michelle and President Palmer. Leading into this week's recap, I figured to notice something that would catch me off guard or perhaps show something I needed to think more about. There wasn't too much big stuff, but after re-watching the first hour a few nights ago, I definitely see the concern that Palmer has on his face before commenting to his brother about being distracted because of his memoirs - clearly that's not all of it. Was he foretelling what was going to happen with the Russians and the treaty? Was he aware of the plot against him? So many questions!
And Chloe, with a tattoo! Jack leaves town for 18 months and the whole place comes crashing down!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Issues Apology: 'I Am Deeply Sorry'
- A Restaurant in England Is Serving This Breakfast That Contains 8,000 Calories
- More From ET