With the announcement that the unaired pilot of Aquaman would become a downloadable video courtesy of iTunes I began to ponder all of the television shows that took place, or featured characters that lived, under the sea. After some extensive research (about five minutes) I discovered that there weren't many. So, as a public service to you, the dedicated TV Squad reader, I present the following list of underwater shows. Please put on your wet suits.
Surface: This on the list first because it was the most recent show telecast that featured underwater creatures. Only lasting one season on NBC (despite a strong fan base) the show starred Lake Bell as an oceanographer who is attacked by an unknown life-form in the Pacific Ocean. After that initial encounter, things go a little bonkers on planet Earth, including stars falling from the sky into the water, and unknown creatures washing up on public beaches. A cliffhanger episode was aired at the end of the first season, but was left up in the air due to the show's cancellation.
- Nowhere Man - The Complete Series
- SeaQuest DSV - Season 1
- The Shield - Season 4
- Tracey Takes On... - The Complete 1st Season
- The Twilight Zone - Season 5: Definitive Edition
- America's Funniest Home Videos - Best of Kids and Animals
- Criss Angel Mindfreak - The Complete Season 1
- Sunday Morning Shootout - Executive Shuffle / And The Oscar Goes To...; The Best Of Season 1; The New Breed Of Leading Men / Women In Film; The Triple Threat - The Directors
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3, episode 23 promo: 'Someone's about to die' in 'Insatiable'
- Amazon orders 'The After,''Transparent,' more pilots to series: Report
- 'Justified' Season 5, episode 9: 'Wrong Roads' pretty well sums up the season so far
- 'Awkward' Season 4 trailer: Senior year woes include low grades, college plans and boy drama (of course)
- Olivia Wilde joins HBO pilot from Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger
- More From Zap2it