At least in the finale, '24' will be bringing on some big names to gussy up the finish. 'ER's' Eriq La Salle will appear in the last two '24' episodes, for instance. Eriq will not be playing a surgeon asked to stitch together the remaining limbs of Jack Bauer before shipping him off to Kim in California. In fact, he won't be in scrubs at all.
With just a little over a month before the season eight premiere of 24 (it returns for a two night/four hour event on Janurary 17th and 18th), Christmas came early here at TV Squad this week when we received the new 24 press kit.
The above promotional image for the new season is enough to get us excited -- Jack Bauer jumping on top of an NYC cab and aiming a gun at the passenger seat is pretty damn exciting -- but just like the cast photo for the new season, it could contain some secrets as well. Thinks there's any weight to the word "PLOT" on the folded New York Post? I'm guessing there is, but the press kit didn't offer any answers.
(S08E16) The pressure of writing the last episode must be tremendous. Especially for a long-running show like Monk. The writers have to tie up loose ends, satisfy viewers' desire for the characters, and leave fans with a sense of closure. Closure, in fact, is the word Dr. Bell used with Adrian. Monk was looking for it and so were we.
But the ending is tough. There have been some shows that have stumbled badly at the end. Seinfeld, for instance, was a real stinker. But the memory of Newhart, which harkened back to The Bob Newhart Show may be the best-ever. Now, in the broader scheme of things, Seinfeld was a much better series than Newhart; in every way but the ending. Which brings us back to Monk. How did the writers navigate the Monk finale? Follow me after the jump and I'll tell you all about it.
Itzin -- who's currently been a semi-regular on The Mentalist -- was Emmy-nominated for President Logan, and he really gave it all the shadings and complexities of a dark, corrupt politician. He was a guy you loved to hate, but he had a soft spot and that was his love for his wife. His unbalanced spouse, Martha. When last seen on the show, Martha had stabbed Charles.
Unlike Jack Bauer, Kiefer Sutherland doesn't throw any punches. Literally.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sutherland was in attendance at an NYC club this past Monday night when fashion designer Jack McCollough "rudely bumped" into actress Brooke Shields while she was speaking with Sutherland. After McCollough refused to apologize - wait for it - Sutherland headbutted him!Normally, this wouldn't be that big a deal. Celebrity makes a boo-boo, money exchanges hands out of court, problem solved. However, fans of 24 may recall that during production of the FOX drama's seventh season, Sutherland was busted for drunk driving. He served 48 days in jail but it never interfered with production because the writer's strike halted it.
It's not just the talented contestants that keep me watching, though. I like the judges and the way they interact with each other. I had really mixed feelings when I heard the news that American Idol would be bringing on another judge: curious to see how she'd fit in with the others and what her style would be like, but nervous that she'd change the dynamic between the original three too much for my liking.
So imagine how I must be feeling now that this news has broken -- Paula Abdul is looking to leave American Idol to pursue other projects.
We've shared issue one spoilers with you in the past, but we've got some issue two insight as well. You'll find the skinny after the jump. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD.
Well, guess what, Buffy fans? New details have emerged. Entertainment Weekly has the scoop on the Scooby gang's post-Sunnydale doings. First up, a new release date. Dark Horse is aiming for a March 07 debut. Second, nothing much has changed in terms of the comic's initial premise. The series will act as Buffy's eighth season. Sunnydale is gone. Buffy and Dawn are in Rome. She's dating, fighting evil and making sense of a world full of girls newly-endowed with Slayer power.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Leave the Top 9?
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- More From BuddyTV
- April Fools' Day: 25 Twisted Plot Tricks from Alias, Arrow, Buffy, PLL & More
- Ratings: New Girl, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie Lows; Weird Loners Has Few Friends
- X-Files Revival: Cigarette-Smoking Man, Walter Skinner Set to Return
- Supernatural's Jim Beaver on Bobby's 'Wistful' Heaven, Concerns About Dean
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- More From TVLine
- Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Health Crisis: 'I Thought I Was Dying'
- 'Arrow' Fave Dishes on Mama Smoak's Return and the Secrets of Felicity's Father
- Giuliana Rancic Admits She's 'Really Thin': It's Hard for Me to Look in the Mirror
- Watch Jennifer Lawrence, Britney Spears & More Attempt to Be Funny in 1.5 Seconds
- From 'Fast & Furious 6' to 'Bad Boys 2': The 7 Craziest Car Chases in Movie History
- More From ET