Someone out there with a computer, a backlog of 'Sesame Street' tapes and way too much time on his hands mixed the rhythmic tones of Lady Gaga's "Telephone" with the Yip-Yips aliens from the popular children's show. You might want to put down some newspaper before you watch it or the impact of your brain blowing might ruin your carpet.
If you are the kind of heartless bastard who won't cry at the discovery of this news, you should. Get a fork, poke yourself in the eyes, and let nature take its course.
The Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization that created the world's greatest kids show in the history of whatever, is laying off a huge chunk of its staff.
Move over, Elmo, and step aside Zoe; there's a new girl on the street. For the first time in over 13 years a new female Muppet will join the cast of Sesame Street as it enters it 37th season (dang, I'm just as old as Sesame Street) on August 14th.
The Muppet's name is Abby Caddaby and she will be a pink F.I.T. (Fairy in Training) whose catch phrase will be 'that's so magic'. According to Sesame Workshop, Abby will use rhyme and magic to express herself to her new neighbors. She will also be attending school with Baby Bear and sit in a class taught by Mother Goose (Shirley Jones).
In addition to this new character, Sesame Street will be shifting some of its focus this year to teach children how to live healthy lifestyles by eating right and exercising. Look for Cookie Monster to munch on more carrots this year than cookies. Also look for appearances by Jamie Foxx, the Today show's Matt Lauer, and T.R. Knight from Grey's Anatomy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner: 'I Am A Woman'
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Bruce Jenner: Kanye West Helped Kim Kardashian Understand His Transition
- Cobie Smulders on Her Battle with Ovarian Cancer: 'It Was a Very Hard Time For Me'
- Lady Gaga Calls Bruce Jenner Brave & More Celeb React on Social
- More From ET