March 6, 2015
by Kona Gallagher, posted Dec 8th 2009 1:55AM
(S03E10) Do you think it's weird that Sheldon and Penny seem to be having more and more storylines together, but I can't actually remember the last episode in which she and Leonard shared a scene alone? When I did a poll a few episodes ago asking if you think Sheldon and Penny are going to get together, nearly half of you said "yes." I don't necessarily agree, but is it a problem when your character has more chemistry with her boyfriend's friend than her actual boyfriend?
Right now, it's still working for the show, but I'm not sure how much longer they can continue having Leonard and Penny involved in a "relationship" in which they barely speak. However, if they break up, then it would be more difficult for Sheldon and Penny to have so many scenes together, and a great deal of the comedy would be eliminated right there. It's an interesting place where the writers find themselves right now.
by Kona Gallagher, posted Nov 17th 2009 12:01AM
(S03E08) I'm going to just say it right up front: This was the best episode of the season so far, and is neck and neck with the Leonard Nimoy Christmas episode for title of "best episode ever." Though there were two very distinct stories going on here, they were both hilarious. Too often, when the group is separated, the B plot flounders. However, this week, while Raj, Leonard and Wolowitz in the desert wasn't quite as jaw-dropping as Sheldon grabbing Penny's boob(!), it was pretty damn hilarious.
So, about the desert: Pot cookies. It's amazing to me that something so cliched could end up being so unbelievably funny. While all three of the guys made me laugh, Raj was the real scene-stealer. From his threat to eat all of the lettuce in the world and make his rabbit subjects watch, to the American accent he uses to mock Wolowitz and Leonard, everything that came out of his mouth was pure comic gold.
by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 6th 2009 8:36AM
(S03E03) So we get our first episode of Leonard and Penny together, and it's... weird. She's in their apartment, making French toast, and somehow I feel nearly as uncomfortable as Sheldon when faced with the prospect of eating French toast on a Monday. It's kind of odd seeing Leonard and Penny acting all boyfriend/girlfriend-y. I've gotten so used to their casual banter, that them talking about breaking beds is kind of weirding me out.
However, what really struck me as odd about the opening scene is how mean Sheldon is to Penny. Now, obviously Sheldon would hate having his space invaded, especially by someone who doesn't understand that Mondays are for oatmeal. But the way he and Penny interacted was like early season one. Since then, between Leonard Nimoy's DNA and "Soft Kitty," they have formed somewhat of an uneasy bond. I understand that they need to have conflict at the beginning in order for the rest of the episode to make sense, but it didn't need to be so heavy-handed.
by Kona Gallagher, posted May 5th 2009 8:44AM
(S02E22) Space poop! That's really all you need to know about this episode-- oh, and Penny still totally has the geek hots for Leonard. But mainly, this episode came out of the writers' desire to see how many poop jokes they could fit into a half-hour show. The answer? A lot.
The whole thing about Wolowitz's toilet for the space station was kind of great, because it showcased Sheldon's continued evolution. He actually recognized that jokes were being told! And he thought they were funny! In fact, other than the whole "breakdown of the social contract" thing with regards to Leonard's voicemail, Sheldon really wasn't his usual nitpicky, neurotic self. Instead of making everything about his compulsions, he actually managed to fit in and become a member of the group. Sheldon has had a lot of personal growth throughout this season, so it was nice to have it showcased in this episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home?
- Kim Kardashian: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead'
- [Video] 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Tamra Judge Leaks 'Sex Tape' with Husband
- 'The 100' Season 2 Finale Photos: Will the Mountain Men Win?
- More From BuddyTV
- Glee's New Recruit Talks Romancing Spencer, Singing Darren Criss''Rise'
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Is Netflix Comedy as Resilient as Its Heroine?
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex with Kanye West '500 Times a Day'
- EXCLUSIVE: Ellen DeGeneres to Present Kerry Washington with GLAAD Award
- 'American Idol' Contestant Jax Wore #TheDress!
- 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peak: The Queens of Darkness Want to Destroy The Charming Family!
- Dr. Phil Stages 'Intervention' with Bobbi Kristina's Boyfriend Nick Gordon
- More From ET