Season 6 ended with Gibson's character Hotch helping "bury" Prentiss (Paget Brewster). However, she's still very alive -- something the team isn't aware of -- and Brewster and A.J. Cook will rejoin the cast full-time for Season 7 (Wed., Sept. 21, 9PM ET on CBS). All that deception comes back to bite Hotch, Gibson said.
"The sh-- sort of hits the fan because they're back in some ways," Gibson said about Brewster and Cook's return to the series. "Paget, as far as the rest of the team is concerned, we had lost her. There's some good stuff to play as a result of everybody getting back together, which is cool."
It wasn't just the fans who are excited to have Brewster and Cook back on the show -- Gibson said the cast is psyched too.
"It feels like a family reunion -- everybody is in the right place," Gibson said.
Moore said he enjoys playing Morgan because of all the "bad-ass" stuff he gets to do. "Derek Morgan's looking for the fight," Moore said. "He's a guy who kicks down doors, is the first one in a burning building and the last one to leave. He doesn't like when the little guy gets picked on."
That's what made Osbourne swoon. "You need a really good licking," she said. When Moore reminded her she was married, Osbourne said she couldn't help it if Moore made her feel "funny in certain places."
According to the Live Feed, Thursday's episode, featuring the Snooki arrest fallout and JWoww's breakup, was seen by 8.9 million viewers. This is MTV's largest audience for a series telecast ever -- the previous record was set a few weeks ago after the season 2.5 premiere. Last week's episode had 8.6 million viewers.
'Jersey Shore's' audience is about two times the size of NBC's 'Community.' Just sayin'.
In other TV News ...
• The cast of CBS's 'Criminal Minds' sorta hopes the new spinoff series, 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior,' fails. Say what? Series star Shemar Moore is quoted as saying, "I'm flattered that we've done such a good job that they would like to do another show, but there's another part of me that wants it to fail." [TV Guide Canada]
• Jaren Brandt Bartlett will play Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle on 'Smallville.' Look for the relatively unknown actor to appear in episode 17, 'Booster.' [Entertainment Weekly]
• First Lady Michelle Obama will sit down with Oprah Winfrey for an episode of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show.' Obama's interview will focus on the launch of a campaign to support families with somebody serving in the military. The show is set to air on Thurs., Jan. 27. [Hollywood Reporter]
On Wednesday's 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (weekdays, syndicated), the actor shared with DeGeneres some photos from earlier times. First up was a photo of Moore with his mother, "right after the Michael Jackson craze and when Prince got hot," Moore said. "That's me with a -- white folks you call it a mullet -- black folks we call it 'curls for the girls.'"
Watch the video after the jump.
The Winters family is an important element in the Y&R canvas and they've missed Malcolm. Shemar was asked to come back, but with his success on Criminal Minds, there simply wasn't time in his schedule for both shows. Truth be told, there probably wasn't enough money to compel him to work that hard. So,while the fans might have liked Shemar back, they'll have to get used to a new face instead.
Hollywood soaps like Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young and the Restless also produced stars. Tom Selleck, for instance, was a Y&R hunk before becoming Magnum, P.I. There are a lot of current stars right now on hit shows who were daytime characters just a few years ago. After the jump, we count down the top ten primetime stars who started in soaps.
(S03E19) Talk about ending a season in an explosive way!
In the past three years, this week's episode was probably the second episode of Criminal Minds that I watched in its entirety. It's not a bad show but I just can't watch everything that airs on TV. However, since I stop watching any American Idol season after Hollywood Week, so I wasn't going to watch the finale, and because my usual Wednesdays at 9 PM shows were done for the season, I tuned in to CBS and watched the BAU at work.
There have been a lot of stories floating around about Mandy Patinkin's departure from CBS' Criminal Minds. That he's only going to be in one scene of the show to wrap up his storyline, that his costars didn't like him. Turns out neither of those stories are true.
Co-star A.J. Cook says that Patinkin has actually been phoning all of his Criminal Minds castmates and explaining to them what happened. Cook says that the cast didn't know what was going on, and now that they know they "just want him to be happy."
Now, part 1254 in our never-ending series of television stars being charged with DUIs. Today we focus on Shemar Moore, who plays FBI profiler Derek Morgan on the CBS series Criminal Minds. On Tuesday the 37-year-old actor pleaded no contest in an alcohol-related speeding case.
Shemar was arrested on June 1st by members of the California Highway Patrol (most likely Ponch and Jon) for driving faster than 65 mph on a city street. Later in the month a DUI charge was added. If this took place in Los Angeles I'd like to know what the time of arrest was because there's no way in hell someone can drive anywhere near 65 mph on a L.A. city street during the day!
CSI: Miami's Horatio Cane is getting a son, those kids on How I Met Your Mother are getting a Mom and Jericho fans are getting seven more episodes -- for now.
CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler offered up some news and story tidbits and fielded inquiries from the press about the off-screen lives of Eye network stars as Wednesday morning's press session got underway.
First up: the story tidbits and other show-related news. "Viewers will get hints about the identity of the mother in How I Met Your Mother," Tassler revealed. (Me, I've always guessed it's Alyson Hannigan -- but I'm not sure I want to see Hannigan's Lily and Jason Segel's Marshall not live happily ever after.)
(S02E23) "Frank's back." - Morgan
Just like last year, Criminal Minds knows how to properly handle a season finale. This was a spectacular episode, and even thought it ended with a cliffhanger that came completely out of left field, I still ate up every second of it.
Frank, the most prolific serial killer ever, has returned and this time he's out to get Gideon. First off though, I have to say - I am terrified of Keith Carradine. Man... that guy is creepy. However, he played his part to perfection and it made for a thoroughly engrossing chase.
(S02E22) It's not often that Criminal Minds disappoints me. So when it does happen, it's a little unsettling because the show is generally so good.
There's really no better way to put it other than I didn't like this episode one bit. It was bland, unimaginative, and to be perfectly honest... it felt like a total rip-off of the Saw films. A sadistic killer, ridding the world of people who aren't living their lives to the fullest potential. A "house-cleaner" as Morgan put it. Big deal.
(S02E21) "Only one thing you run that hard for. Your life." -Gideon
It's been a few weeks since we had a new episode of Criminal Minds, but when I first saw the preview for this installment I have to admit - the plot sounded a lot like something out of a cheesy b-movie. People... hunting people [insert sinister laughter].
However, this being one of the better hours on TV right now (and using this episode as proof), I'm fairly convinced that the writers and producers behind Criminal Minds can make even the most ridiculous ideas into something compelling.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Empire' Season 2 Spoilers: Can Lucious Keep Cookie Down?
- 'Arrow' Star Emily Bett Rickards: Felicity's a Hero and Kicking Ass
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Can Lady Love Prove She's Pregnant?
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth Fights for Survival — Watch the Gross Video
- Sean Bean's Frankenstein Chronicles Miniseries Finds U.S. Home on A&E
- More From TVLine
- REPORT: Carey Mulligan Welcomes Baby With Marcus Mumford, Looks Flawless in Red Carpet Return
- Ellen DeGeneres Surprises tWitch by Sharing the 'First Ultrasound' of His Baby
- Joe Giudice Opens Up About Teresa's Life Behind Bars: She's Really Not OK
- Justin Bieber Flaunts New Stomach Tattoo, Gets Another Excuse to Show Off His Washboard Abs
- Nicki Minaj Slams Miley Cyrus Over VMAs: You Don't Want to Know How Black Women Feel
- More From ET