According to TVLine, the '24' veteran will appear in the Fox medical drama's season finale. Aghdashloo's role is being kept under wraps, but TVLine's Michael Ausiello theorizes she'll be House's new mother-in-law.
Aghdashloo recently popped up on 'Law & Order: SVU' and before that had guest roles on shows such as 'Flash Forward,' 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'ER.'
In other casting news ...
• 'Battlestar Galactica' veteran Katee Sackhoff has joined A&E's 'Longmire.' Sackhoff will play one of Walt Longmire's deputies. Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase and Cassidy Freeman have also joined the cast. [Deadline]
• Jeff Hephner is going from 'Playboy' to 'Boss.' Hephner, who was formerly attached to star in NBC's 'Playboy,' will star opposite Kelsey Grammer in the Starz series about the mayor of Chicago. [Deadline]
• Aubrey Dollar will guest star on 'The Good Wife.' The 'Women's Murder Club' star has been tapped to play a nurse Kalinda buddies up to for information. [TVLine]
When Saliyah "Sunny" Qadri (Aghdashloo) goes looking for Brooklyn District Attorney Page Ferguson, who might be in danger, the detective arrives just in time to see Ferguson fall from a roof. But during the investigation, Benson (Mariska Hargitay) uncovers Ferguson had a suspicious past -- and that Qadri might be involved, as well.
In this exclusive behind-the-scenes clip, Aghdashloo talks about preparing for the role. Plus, guest actor Doug Drucker shows off his body tattoos, which producers must get cleared before filming.
"It's enough already," Shalit said in a statement.
The film reviewer said he will still be active in the media scene, but focusing on publishing, Web work, radio and commercials. Look for 'Today' to air a special retrospective about Shalit's lengthy career on his last day, Nov. 11.
In other TV news ...
• Steven Weber and D.L. Hughley has been tapped to star in a new TNT pilot. Weber and Hughley will play police officers, Weber's character is newly widowed and Hughley's a newlywed. The project comes from 'Wall Street : Money Never Sleeps' writer Allan Loeb and is based on Marshall Karp's novel "The Rabbit Factory." [Deadline Hollywood]
• Shohreh Aghdashloo will guest star on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The Emmy-winner will play Sunny Qadar, an investigator in the Brooklyn district attorney's office. [Movieline]
• HBO is not going forward with 'Miraculous Year.' The star-studded pilot had Frank Langella, Lee Pace and Hope Davis attached and was directed by Kathryn Bigelow. [Deadline Hollywood]
• IFC is developing 8 new shows. The new projects vary from reality and animation to comedy. The network has tapped creators such as Thom Beers, Alan Spencer, and David Wain. Look for 'Whisker Wars,' a reality series about facial hair competitions. Yup. [Hollywood Reporter]
(S01E10) I knew FlashForward was headed toward a hiatus, but I didn't expect it to be here so soon. Thankfully, this was one of the best episodes of the season so far, pushing things dramatically forward for most of the characters and the blackout mystery, as well. We also gained more insight, and thus more confusion, about Simon and his motives.
There won't be any new episodes until March 2010, which coincidentally (or more likely, not coincidentally) is when Demetri is supposed to die, according to the Persian woman on the phone. When the show returns, will its internal continuity have jumped forward three months, as well? I have a feeling it will.
I think more may have happened in this hour than has happened in the last seven or eight episodes. Let's dig into it.
(S03E18) Greetings and a myriad of salutations to all. I'll be covering Grey's Anatomy from here on out as Joel was recently pushed into a large body of water by a careless, mute child. He's currently residing in some sort of "not quite dead yet" limbo and from what I've been told, the internet access sucks. So you've got me in the meantime and after what we saw last night, it looks like Grey's is back on track following the conclusion of the "Meredith can't swim" story.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's Best New Characters of 2013
- 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' Battle: 'American Idol' vs. 'The Voice'
- 'The Voice' Top 5 Predictions: Which 3 Singers Are in the Finale?
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Apology, Porsha's Divorce and a New 'NYC' Season
- [VIDEO] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Gibbs and Fornell's Ex-Wife Asks for a Favor
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Sean Saves the World' sets 'Will & Grace' reunion with Megan Mullally guest appearance
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi's Doctor costume a mix of 'old-fashioned' and the future
- 'The Sing-Off': Meet The Princeton Footnotes, Season 4's first eliminated group
- 'Escaping the Prophet': Flora Jessop helps women escape polygamy
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 10 'The Bridge' clip shows Mike Peterson in action
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
- Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Crosby Drops Some Slutty-But-Soulful Knowledge on Drew
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: Bob Barker Marks His 90th Birthday With a Price Is Right First
- Ratings: The Voice Boosts The Sing-Off's Return, Almost Human Ticks Up But Sleepy Slips
- More From TVLine