October 25, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Aug 8th 2009 7:01AM
FX held panels for Archer and Sons of Anarchy on Friday morning, but by then press tour fatigue had set in, and the energy in the room was low for both. It was especially low for Archer, a Adult Swim-esque spy cartoon by the creator of Sealab 2021 that most of the critics hadn't yet seen. The panel seemed to be more content with answering with wise-ass remarks that made themselves laugh but the just served to make us tired masses annoyed.
Things perked up, though, when the network presented five of its show-runners to talk about what it's like to develop edgy dramas for basic cable. But since the theme of the week has invariably been "Leno at 10," the questions often came back to the fact that NBC with one fell swoop wiped out five hours of scripted drama per week. And the show-runners took every opportunity to bash the Peacock for it.
And it got ugly: "I feel they should take the American flag down in front of the building and just put up a white one," said Rescue Me's Peter Tolan, "because they've clearly given up."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Said She'd Have a Meltdown If '1989' Leaked and It Did
- Iggy Azalea Wants to Collaborate with Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian Dares to Bare at 'Amazing' Vegas Birthday Bash
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- More From ET