September 20, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Aug 8th 2009 7:01AM
FX held panels for Archer and Sons of Anarchy on Friday morning, but by then press tour fatigue had set in, and the energy in the room was low for both. It was especially low for Archer, a Adult Swim-esque spy cartoon by the creator of Sealab 2021 that most of the critics hadn't yet seen. The panel seemed to be more content with answering with wise-ass remarks that made themselves laugh but the just served to make us tired masses annoyed.
Things perked up, though, when the network presented five of its show-runners to talk about what it's like to develop edgy dramas for basic cable. But since the theme of the week has invariably been "Leno at 10," the questions often came back to the fact that NBC with one fell swoop wiped out five hours of scripted drama per week. And the show-runners took every opportunity to bash the Peacock for it.
And it got ugly: "I feel they should take the American flag down in front of the building and just put up a white one," said Rescue Me's Peter Tolan, "because they've clearly given up."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Big Brother Clip Show Tops Friday Night, While Utopia Hits Low
- Once Upon a Time Drafts Army Wives' Sally Pressman in Season 4
- TVLine's Performers of the Week (tie): Jenna Coleman and Tobias Menzies
- Summer TV's 26 Winners and Losers: True Blood, OITNB, Outlander and More
- NCIS Casts 24 Alum Marisol Nichols as a Blast from DiNozzo's Past
- More From TVLine