October 22, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Aug 8th 2009 7:01AM
FX held panels for Archer and Sons of Anarchy on Friday morning, but by then press tour fatigue had set in, and the energy in the room was low for both. It was especially low for Archer, a Adult Swim-esque spy cartoon by the creator of Sealab 2021 that most of the critics hadn't yet seen. The panel seemed to be more content with answering with wise-ass remarks that made themselves laugh but the just served to make us tired masses annoyed.
Things perked up, though, when the network presented five of its show-runners to talk about what it's like to develop edgy dramas for basic cable. But since the theme of the week has invariably been "Leno at 10," the questions often came back to the fact that NBC with one fell swoop wiped out five hours of scripted drama per week. And the show-runners took every opportunity to bash the Peacock for it.
And it got ugly: "I feel they should take the American flag down in front of the building and just put up a white one," said Rescue Me's Peter Tolan, "because they've clearly given up."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- MasterChef Junior Preview Video: 'No Wonder These Kids Curse Brilliantly'
- Mentalist Alum Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse Drama Pilot Colony
- Bates Motel Casts a Mad Man as Romero's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Sends 'Dope' Kim Kardashian a Sweet Birthday Message
- Lady Gaga Copies Beyonce's Banging Style!
- Florida Georgia Line Scores First No. 1 Album Amid Major Country Music Moment
- Jennifer Hudson Shows Off Bra in Half-Dress, Half-Robe
- Billy Bob Thornton on 'Crazy Time' With Angelina Jolie: I'm Not 'Fond of It'
- More From ET