November 1, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Aug 8th 2009 7:01AM
FX held panels for Archer and Sons of Anarchy on Friday morning, but by then press tour fatigue had set in, and the energy in the room was low for both. It was especially low for Archer, a Adult Swim-esque spy cartoon by the creator of Sealab 2021 that most of the critics hadn't yet seen. The panel seemed to be more content with answering with wise-ass remarks that made themselves laugh but the just served to make us tired masses annoyed.
Things perked up, though, when the network presented five of its show-runners to talk about what it's like to develop edgy dramas for basic cable. But since the theme of the week has invariably been "Leno at 10," the questions often came back to the fact that NBC with one fell swoop wiped out five hours of scripted drama per week. And the show-runners took every opportunity to bash the Peacock for it.
And it got ugly: "I feel they should take the American flag down in front of the building and just put up a white one," said Rescue Me's Peter Tolan, "because they've clearly given up."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET