Our fellow blogger and The Prisoner fan Michael Sciannamea will be happy to hear this!
The British satellite channel Sky One is giving a green light for a remake of the cult-classic The Prisoner, which aired on ITV from 1967 until early 1968. The new series would run for six episodes to be aired next year, which would be the 40th anniversary of the series.
There are unconfirmed reports that Number 6, the main character that was played by Patrick McGoohan, will be played by Christopher Eccleston. Eccleston is currently portraying The Doctor in the new series of Doctor Who episodes being broadcast in America on the Sci-Fi Channel. Eccleston lasted only one season on the show and was replaced by David Tennant in the series currently running on the BBC.
The remake of The Prisoner will stick to the original concept of the series: a government agent is drugged and sent to a prison called The Village after he resigns from service. While in prison people are referred to by their numbers rather than their names. This version of the series will probably have a modern shine to it. Perhaps it will take place in one of those secret CIA prisons we aren't supposed to know about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.12: Hayley Faces Difficult Decision
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.12 Photos: Malcolm Merlyn Joins the Team
- 'The Flash' Episode 12 Photos: Barry Gets a Girlfriend
- 'The Bachelor' Week 5 Photos: A Hot Air Balloon Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Breaking Bad Star Anna Gunn
- HTGAWM Stars on the Arrival of Sam's [Spoiler], Future of The Keating 5: 'There's a Teeter-Totter of Trust'
- Parenthood Finale: Show Boss Talks Flash-Forward Surprises, Deleted Scenes and That FNL Cameo
- Scandal Returns: The 7 Craziest Reveals About Olivia's Vanishing
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Going, Going Wrong
- More From TVLine
- Disney Is Introducing Its First Latina Princess!
- Suge Knight Reportedly Involved in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Compton
- Heidi Klum Gets Reporter to Strip Down to His Underwear
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' Star on Big Return: 'Answers Are Coming'
- Kim Kardashian Responds to Backlash for Cropping North West Out of Selfie
- More From ET