Our fellow blogger and The Prisoner fan Michael Sciannamea will be happy to hear this!
The British satellite channel Sky One is giving a green light for a remake of the cult-classic The Prisoner, which aired on ITV from 1967 until early 1968. The new series would run for six episodes to be aired next year, which would be the 40th anniversary of the series.
There are unconfirmed reports that Number 6, the main character that was played by Patrick McGoohan, will be played by Christopher Eccleston. Eccleston is currently portraying The Doctor in the new series of Doctor Who episodes being broadcast in America on the Sci-Fi Channel. Eccleston lasted only one season on the show and was replaced by David Tennant in the series currently running on the BBC.
The remake of The Prisoner will stick to the original concept of the series: a government agent is drugged and sent to a prison called The Village after he resigns from service. While in prison people are referred to by their numbers rather than their names. This version of the series will probably have a modern shine to it. Perhaps it will take place in one of those secret CIA prisons we aren't supposed to know about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- Mistresses Finale: EPs Talk Crazy Killer Reveal, Karen's Alternate Fate and (Fingers Crossed) Season 4 Plans
- Parks and Rec Producers Re-Team for Interracial Family Comedy at NBC
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive! Caitlyn Jenner Celebrates Candis Cayne's Birthday at Intimate Dinner
- Hilary Duff Flaunts Major Cleavage in Bikini Selfie
- Teresa Giudice Will Return to 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' -- But Who Else Is In?
- Pink Stands by Her VMAs Diss: 'I Have No Issue With Demi Lovato or Anyone Else'
- Jessa Seewald Shares New Pic of Growing 8-Month Baby Bump
- More From ET