Our fellow blogger and The Prisoner fan Michael Sciannamea will be happy to hear this!
The British satellite channel Sky One is giving a green light for a remake of the cult-classic The Prisoner, which aired on ITV from 1967 until early 1968. The new series would run for six episodes to be aired next year, which would be the 40th anniversary of the series.
There are unconfirmed reports that Number 6, the main character that was played by Patrick McGoohan, will be played by Christopher Eccleston. Eccleston is currently portraying The Doctor in the new series of Doctor Who episodes being broadcast in America on the Sci-Fi Channel. Eccleston lasted only one season on the show and was replaced by David Tennant in the series currently running on the BBC.
The remake of The Prisoner will stick to the original concept of the series: a government agent is drugged and sent to a prison called The Village after he resigns from service. While in prison people are referred to by their numbers rather than their names. This version of the series will probably have a modern shine to it. Perhaps it will take place in one of those secret CIA prisons we aren't supposed to know about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV, James Garner Tribute and More
- What Happens Next, The Good Wife: Will Alicia Become State's Attorney?
- Suits Sneak Peek: Louis Gives Donna the Greatest Gift of All
- Once Upon a Time Casting Another Frozen Role — Who Should Fill It?
- Cast for Syfy's Killjoys Includes Warehouse 13, Brothers & Sisters Alums
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Step Out as One Hot Couple
- The Environmental Protection Agency Apologizes for Kim Kardashian Game Tweet
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed by Beetles
- EXCLUSIVE: Behind-the-Scenes of OneRepublic's Tour: 'We're Just Trying to Be as Good as Beyonce'
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- More From ET