Our fellow blogger and The Prisoner fan Michael Sciannamea will be happy to hear this!
The British satellite channel Sky One is giving a green light for a remake of the cult-classic The Prisoner, which aired on ITV from 1967 until early 1968. The new series would run for six episodes to be aired next year, which would be the 40th anniversary of the series.
There are unconfirmed reports that Number 6, the main character that was played by Patrick McGoohan, will be played by Christopher Eccleston. Eccleston is currently portraying The Doctor in the new series of Doctor Who episodes being broadcast in America on the Sci-Fi Channel. Eccleston lasted only one season on the show and was replaced by David Tennant in the series currently running on the BBC.
The remake of The Prisoner will stick to the original concept of the series: a government agent is drugged and sent to a prison called The Village after he resigns from service. While in prison people are referred to by their numbers rather than their names. This version of the series will probably have a modern shine to it. Perhaps it will take place in one of those secret CIA prisons we aren't supposed to know about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki Gives Meghan the Third Degree
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 18 Dance and Two Go Home
- Casting Bits: Ed Sheeran Joins FX Series, 'Nashville' Adds Riley Smith, Naomi Campbell on 'AHS' and More
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 5?
- More From BuddyTV
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death: Nick Gordon 'Has Suffered Greatly,' His Mother Says
- 'The Bachelorette' Finale: Did Kaitlyn Bristowe Pick Shawn Booth or Nick Viall?
- Leah Still Challenges Riley Curry to the Most Adorable Dance-Off Ever
- 13 Surprising Stars Who Love Their Converse (And Will Likely Fall In Love With The New Chuck II)
- Kate Winslet Hilariously Recreates Her Famous 'Titanic' Scene on the Side of a Cliff
- More From ET