Snoop will produce and star in the multi-camera family comedy. 'Two and a Half Men' and 'Everybody Hates Chris' veteran Don Reo is executive producing and writing the project.
This isn't Snoop's first family-themed series. For two seasons he starred in 'Snoop Dogg's Father Hood,' a reality series on E!.
Snoop also appeared in an episode of '90210' last season.
In other development news ...
According to EW, Cyrus' character is a country star. He's really working those acting chops, huh? His episode will air in November.
Cyrus hosts TLC's 'Surprise Homecoming' and is at work on a Syfy reality series about urban legends. His last acting role was in Disney's 'Hannah Montana.'
In other TV news ...
However, their performance of 'Undivided' featuring Snoop Dogg has been slated by critics. Hardly the reception the girls were looking for on their first outing.
'EW' referred to them as "Pussycat Dolls Lite," adding that "The obvious similarities were unfortunate, especially since their routine was even more mind-numbingly boring than Nicole Scherzinger's performance last week. ... Seriously, though, who did Snoop get high to get those girls on the show?"
On 'Lopez Tonight' (weeknights, 12AM ET on TBS), Snoop Dogg claimed that the Queen phoned the rapper and requested "somethin' special for her grandkid. So why not? Let me do it. I'm the best one when it comes to throwin' parties anyway."
'Wet' is the result: a special anthem for the royal "stag" party. He explained, "I want him to have a little bit of fun before he get married ... to see all the girls that you gonna be able to see before you lie down with that one. And enjoy yourself."
George Lopez then asked if Snoop would perform a few lines in the studio, and he obliged.
Williams said she also loved Nate Dogg. "He was the smooth voice before Auto-Tune," she said. "Any time you needed somebody to put the stank on your hip-hop record, he was just smooth."
He was positively buzzing with excitement from the moment he entered the set. "I met Snoop Dogg," he said excitedly. "I visited with Snoopy upstairs."
"It's not Snoopy," David Letterman corrected.
"Did you notice anything unusual going on up there?" David Letterman asked of his time with the rapper.
Before Cameron Diaz made her acting debut in 'The Mask,' she was a model. And before that, she was just a "homegirl" from "the LBC," as in bad-ass Long Beach, California.
She went to a huge high school ("like 3500 kids") but remembers a particular student stood out: Snoop Dogg. "He was a year older than me," she said on 'Lopez Tonight' (weeknights, 12AM ET on TBS). "He was very tall and skinny, wore lots of ponytails on his head. And I'm pretty sure I bought weed from him -- I had to have."
According to TVLine, Snoop will guest star alongside his daughter Cori, but she'll be playing a character unrelated to him.
Look for Snooop to share a scene with Dixon (Tristan Wilds). The two meet a car wash and Dixon does his best to impress the famous musician.
In other casting news ...
• Ryan Devlin is a busy man these days. He's heading back to 'Cougar Town' after pit stops on 'Brothers & Sisters' and 'Grey's Anatomy.' Look for him to return as Smith, Laurie's ex-boyfriend, in April. [Live Feed]
• Pedro Pascal has booked a recurring role on 'Brothers & Sisters.' The 'Good Wife' actor will play a homeless veteran who becomes friends with Justin. [TVLine]
• 'True Blood' is adding yet another recurring character to its bloated cast. Paola Turbay will play Antonia, a fluent Spanish speaker. [Deadline Hollywood]
'Glee' star Jane Lynch hosted the show, and opened up the performance while surrounded by a "crew" of Jane Lynch lookalikes. Kathy Griffin won as best 'Do Something' comedian, based on her work for human rights, AIDS, and LGBT groups. Snoop Dogg won an award for his work with a youth football league. (And did we ever think we'd see the day that Snoop Dogg would win on a humanitarian awards show? Not that Snoop isn't a great guy. It's just a little ... jarring.)
'Twilight' star Kellan Lutz won for his work with animals, and the 'Jersey Shore' cast also showed up ... for some inexplicable reason. But the big winner for the night was regular, non-celebrity girl Jessica Pozner. She was the grand prize recipient, and got $100,000 to help expand her school for girls in Kenya, which exists in that nation's largest slum. Congrats, Jessica! And excellent work, everyone!
But his presence definitely kicked their cool factor up a few notches with their son. Bo even calls The Shizzolator by his birth name – Calvin. How cool is that?!
Watch the video after the jump.
"Do your thing and don't put me on the spot like that ever again," Kelly said to Chang.
Watch the video after the jump.
We winced. We cringed. Then we watched it again.
Carey's, uh, loosened speech was the first genuinely awkward moment this award show season, but there were many actors, filmmakers, and musicians before her who've heard their name called, stepped to the podium, and made things a little weird for everyone.
They could be the next great comedy team.
Watch the video from Daily Drama after the jump.
One Life to Live, on the other hand, does it really well. The last time Snoop was there, back in May, he did a couple of songs and interacted with the cast. The writers made it that Snoop had a past history with Bo, so they could get into it a bit in a funny way. When Snoop returns in February, he and Bo wil mix it up again. The Dogg will also do a song from his new CD, Malice N Wonderland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- Oscar-Nominated Actor Gary Busey Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- 'Scream' Season 1 Finale Recap: Who is the Killer?
- The 14 Best Sidekicks on TV Right Now
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Semifinals Get Underway
- More From BuddyTV
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars — See His Over-the-Top Announcement
- Scream EP Talks [Spoiler]'s Surprising Accomplice, Possible Season 2 Returns
- Scream's Killer Talks 'Awesome' Finale Reveal — Plus: Grade the Episode
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings August 2015
- Kylie Jenner Dyes Her Hair 'Dirty Blonde,' Also Gets New Piercing
- Andrew Garfield on Exploring Fatherhood: 'Exciting, Daunting and Scary'
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Wahlberg Helps a Friend Squeeze Into Skinny Jeans on 'Wahlburgers' Finale
- Naomi Campbell Shows Off Amazing Bikini Bod at 45
- More From ET