September 30, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Issues Apology: 'I Am Deeply Sorry'
- A Restaurant in England Is Serving This Breakfast That Contains 8,000 Calories
- 'Selfie' Review: A Fun, Fresh Comedy That Shines Without a Filter
- More From ET