July 1, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Secrets and Wives' Recap: Susan and Amy Defend Their Men
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Abby Faces Her Toughest Match Yet
- 'Stitchers' Recap: Who Gets Shot and Who Dies?
- 'Scream' Series Premiere Recap: A New Ghostface Comes to Town
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Mona Returns to Rosewood and Drops a Bombshell
- More From BuddyTV
- Michael Sam Calls Off Six-Month Engagement to Vito Cammisano
- Marc Jacobs Accidentally Posts Nude Photo On Instagram?!
- Brody Jenner on Supporting Caitlyn Jenner at ESPYS: I'm There for Her 100%
- Chrissy Teigen Posts Another NSFW Topless Pic After Instagram Drama
- 'Jane the Virgin' Star Justin Baldoni Welcomes Baby Girl: See the Adorable Photos!
- More From ET