by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 15' Official House Photos
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 10: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'America's Got Talent' Chicago Auditions: The One Act to Watch
- 'The Bachelorette' Deleted Scenes: Zak Waddell Buys Desiree a Ring
- 'Big Brother 15' Twists Revealed: MVP and Three Nominations
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Futurama': Seth MacFarlane gives voice to Fry's dog
- 'Sesame Street' jail: Children's show introduces first muppet with a parent in prison
- 'Mickey Mouse' reinvented yet again in Disney's new animated shorts
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' finale hangs tough Tuesday opposite NBA Finals
- 'Big Brother 15' twist: 3 people will be nominated for eviction, plus a weekly MVP
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Hannibal Video: Alana and Jack Argue Over Will's Mental Health — Is Their Pal a Killer?
- TVLine Items: Liars Lands One Life to Live Vet, Y&R Fave Is Back, Once Return Nixed and More
- Nashville Loses a Key Player for Season 2
- The Veronica Mars Movie: Deputy Leo Is On Duty
- The Soup Investigates First Look: E!'s New Spin-Off Series Takes on The Bachelor
- More From TVLine