April 18, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Highlights: Break-ups, Breakdowns and Breakthroughs
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Resident Evil'
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive Degrassi Sneak Peek: Zig and Miles Come to Blows in the Midseason Finale
- TVLine Items: New Normal Heart Trailer, Fox Pulls High-Def Block, Workaholic Visits Parks and More
- Did Originals Death Upset? Was Parenthood Coming Out a Shock? Mad Eyesore? And More Qs
- Ratings: Scandal Finale Draws Record Crowd
- Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: Can 'Captain' Rick and 'Cupcake' Kate Solve a '70s Murder?
- More From TVLine