May 3, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone's After Mark
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Finding the Horseman of War
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.21 Photos: Jackson and Hayley are On the Move
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Teams' Plans are Foiled by Driving Drama?
- 11 Reasons to Start Watching 'Penny Dreadful'
- More From BuddyTV
- Will Floyd Mayweather Use His Winnings to Pay Suge Knight's Bail?
- Watch Matt LeBlanc Sing Joey Tribianni's 'Friends' Songs
- EXCLUSIVE: Hear Elle King Flawlessly Cover Tom Petty's 'American Girl' for 'Hot Pursuit'
- Floyd Mayweather Wins in Unanimous Decision: 7 Highlights From the Big Fight!
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Star Sightings
- More From ET