May 22, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 19 Kids and Counting Pulled From TLC Schedule in Wake of Josh Duggar's Admitted 'Wrongdoing'
- The Bastard Executioner: Kurt Sutter's SOA Follow-Up Gets Series Order at FX
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs
- Sunday Night Football, Empire Top Ratings for 2014-15 Season; Forever Among Highest-Rated Axed Shows
- Ratings: Red Nose Day Draws Small Crowd, Wayward Pines Rises
- More From TVLine
- Mike Huckabee Stands By the Duggar Family After Josh Duggar Child Molestation Accusations
- Looks to Steal: Beyonce's One-Piece, Mindy's Dresses & Ariana's Top Knot
- A Day in the Life of Jennifer Aniston on Instagram
- Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian Slammed for Being Sexy Moms, Twitter Fights Back
- Matt Bellamy Steps Out in Cannes with New Blonde on His Arm
- More From ET