March 6, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.17 Photos: Tony's Dad Offers His Expertise to the Team
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates with 'Hannibal,' 'America's Got Talent' and More
- First Look at 'Supergirl' Costume for CBS
- 4 Reasons to Binge-Watch Netflix's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt'
- More From BuddyTV
- Gotham Casts Tech Guru Lucius Fox
- Supergirl vs. Wonder Woman, Black Canary and More: Which Crimefighting Costume Is Most Super?
- Pilot Scoop: Melanie Griffith Lands 'Queenly' Role on ABC Comedy
- Happyish: Showtime Series' Trailer Has Harsh Words for a Founding Father
- Pretty Little Liars Season Finale Photos: Rosewood Braces for the Big 'A' Reveal
- More From TVLine
- 'Exotic Marigold Hotel' Sequel and 3 Other Films for Mature Moviegoers
- Smokey Robinson Remembers 'We Are the World' 30 Years Later
- Harrison Ford Recovering After Crash
- Cate Blanchett Adopts a Baby Girl -- Find Out Her Adorable Name!
- Kanye West Might Have a Thing for Draco Malfoy Hair and We Can Prove It
- More From ET