OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Moments: Jax's Path of Retribution
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.2 Photos: All About Dr. Maggie Pierce
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' Premiere Photos
- 'Extant' Season 1 Finale Recap: Everything is at Stake
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 1 of the Final HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Finale Recap: This Boy Is on Fire
- The Mysteries of Laura: Will You Remain on Debra Messing's Case?
- Red Band Society Premiere Recap: Are These Kids All Right?
- Big Brother Recap: Four the Win
- Idol Judges on Season 14: J.Lo Wants Less Cruelty, Adam Lambert Seeks Artistry, Harry Flinches at 'Geek' Label
- More From TVLine
- Adam Lambert Talks J.Lo Love and Guest Judging on 'Idol'
- Revealing Details from the 'Dating Naked' 'Commitment Ceremony'
- Talk Show Confessions: Why Are TV's Top Hosts Getting So Honest?
- Here's the 'Breaking Bad' Reference You Definitely Missed in 'Godzilla'
- Trust Us, You Need to Watch This Cheesecake Factory Parody of Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy'
- More From ET