OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Season 4 Poster Warns There's 'No Looking Back' for Olivia
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Angelina Jolie Has the Most Unique Wedding Dress Ever
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support Says Daughter Melissa in New Statement
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- More From ET