OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- ?Dancing with the Stars?: The 20 Best Dances of Season 16
- 'Graceland' Photos: Meet the Cast
- Teen Choice Awards 2013 Nominations: 'The Vampire Diaries' Lead TV
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor' judges first look: Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell for Season 3
- 'The Big Bang Theory' to '90210': TV ratings winners and losers in 2012-13
- USA orders another comedy series, 'Divide and Conquer'
- Tony Hale on 'Veep,' Gary's love of Selina and Allison Janney's Season 2 guest appearance
- Billy Crystal starring in 'The Comedians' pilot at FX, Larry Charles to direct
- More From Zap2it
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- Billy Crystal to Headline FX's Comedians Pilot
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The 5 Best Auditions From Los Angeles and Austin
- More From TVLine