OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Season 4 Winter Finale
- 'Castle' Episode 7.8 Photos: Esposito is Taken Hostage
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.12 Photos: More Truths are Revealed
- 'Bones' Recap: Can Baby Seeley Heal The Jeffersonian?
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine Stars Talk Det. Corrigan's Timely Arrival, Manny's Big Boss and Zed's Mysterious Past
- FX Sets Dates for Justified's Final Run, The Americans, Archer and More
- Ratings: Murder and 2-1/2 Men Rise, Mom Eyes Another High, Big Bang Slips
- William Shatner Treks to Haven: Get Exclusive Details on His 'Pivotal' Arc
- The Simpsons Sneak Peek: Will Forte Brings the Infamous King Toot to Life
- More From TVLine
- Gwyneth Paltrow Takes a Dig at Martha Stewart with 'Jailbird Cake' Recipe
- Listen to Beyonce's Two New Songs!
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Woman Who Says She's His 'Twin Flame'
- Thousands Petition to Cancel '19 Kids and Counting' Claiming 'LGBTQ Fear Mongering'
- Bill Cosby Gets Small Standing Ovation at Comedy Show in Bahamas
- More From ET