OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Dana Delany Joins FX's The Comedians as Billy Crystal's Wife
- Fox Pulls Utopia From Tuesdays, MasterChef Junior to Claim Time Slot
- AHS: Freak Show Opening Credits — There Ought to Be (Menacing) Clowns
- A to Z Star Cristin Milioti Talks Hitting the Rom-Com Jackpot (Again) — Plus: Why HIMYM's Ending Was 'Brave'
- Gilmore Girls on Netflix: 25 Must-Watch Episodes (And 7 You Can Totally Skip)
- More From TVLine
- 25 Life Lessons We Learned From Lena Dunham
- Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking for George Clooney and 11 More Revelations About Their Wedding
- Lena Dunham: I Listened to Taylor Swift While Writing ‘Girls'
- Jennifer Lopez: I Might Adopt a Child
- No Thigh Gap Here! New Beyonce Bikini Pics Look Untouched
- More From ET