OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV
- Behind the Scenes as Kerry Washington Bares All
- Legendary Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
- A Timeline of Sex on Shonda Rhimes' Shows, From Polite Kissing to Full on Eiffel Towering
- Fred Savage on ‘Wonder Years' Famous First Kiss: ‘I Can't Imagine I Was Good'
- Julia Roberts, Honored For Work Against Bullying, Says She Was a ‘Shrinking Violet' in School
- More From ET