OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Sacred Taking'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'The Scientist'
- 'Arrow' Season 2 Fall Finale Photos: Roy in Trouble
- 'Nashville': 18 Surprising Moments from 'I'm Tired of Pretending'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 10.12 Photos: April's Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- AMC announces 'The Walking Dead,''Breaking Bad' TV marathons
- 'Sons of Anarchy' - 'A Mother's Work' photos: It all ends at the jury table
- 'The Spoils of Babylon': Watch the fake making-of for IFC's miniseries
- 'Doctor Who': 'The Time of the Doctor' photos show epic Christmas adventure
- HBO's 'True Detective' poster is stylized and gorgeous
- More From Zap2it
- The Voice Exclusive Outtakes: Fart Jokes, Saved by the Bell Threats and…Xtina Basketball Boasts?
- It's Official: Dianna Agron Returns to Glee
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, New Girl, H50, Haven, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D, Mentalist, Reign & More
- American Idol Exclusive Season 13 Promo Video: There Will Be Guitars
- TVLine Items: Heather Morris Returns for Glee's 100th, Southland Vet Cops Beast-ly Gig and More!
- More From TVLine