If the 1960s was a decade of birth for Filmation, the 1970s was a time where it skipped childhood and moved straight into the role of responsible adult. With somewhere in the area of 30 programs airing during that decade, the team of Lou Scheimer, Hal Sutherland and Norm Prescott became big players on Saturday mornings. Not only that, but the trio helped usher in a number of genres that would become staples for both their own productions and those of the other studios as well.
If that weren't enough, the 1970s saw Filmation dabble into something that had come and gone on the Saturday morning schedule since the 1960s: live-action series. Combining comedy, drama and special effects, the studio produced an number of shows that provided a lot less cheese than the live-action series of, say, Sid & Marty Kroftt.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Grey's Anatomy' Quotes from 'I Choose You'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 22 Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home in Week 10?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- More From BuddyTV
- Kendall Jenner Poses Topless: I'm Washing Away My Sins
- Winona Ryder Feels Bad Confirming ‘Beetlejuice 2': ‘Seth Sort of Cornered Me'
- Katy Perry Reveals Her Taste in Men: 'I'm Not into That F**kboy Look'
- EXCLUSIVE: Frances Bean Cobain Steps Out With Wedding Band
- Hilary Swank in ‘Fast & Furious'?! Tyrese Says It Almost Happened
- More From ET