May 28, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 23rd 2010 11:03AM
There are very few moments in American history when the unrepresented and disenfranchised masses of society manage to muster together enough courage and strength to topple the high watermark of oppression. They seem to come along once in a millennium, but when they do, they give you this warm and fuzzy feeling inside that maybe life doesn't suck as much as you thought it did and everything, like the movies, may actually turn out alright in the end, closing credits, fade-to-black.
The early days of the American colonies saw the uprising of the Boston Tea Party in which angry settlers grew tired of unreasonable taxation. The mid 20th century saw the sluggish but eventual snowballing steamroll of the Civil Rights Movement. And I like to think that the new millennium's moment of triumph goes to the total destruction and annihilation of Fox's 'Spaced' remake. Granted, I'm not setting the bar very high, but it's only been ten years. Baby steps.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ABC Eyes Amy Schumer as Next 'Bachelorette'
- 'Aquarius' Review: A Fascinating Look Inside Charles Manson's Twisted World
- 'Bones' Teasers: 7 Good Things to Watch for in "The Woman in the Whirlpool"
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'MasterChef': Surprise! Your Kitchen Comes Back to Haunt You
- More From BuddyTV
- CBS' Briefcase Premiere: Did We Just See the Only 'Acceptable' Outcome?
- Smash's Broadway Event Expands! Who's Joining Ellis (!) in Bombshell?
- Golan the Insatiable Sneak Peek: Rob Riggle, Aubrey Plaza Preview Their Twisted Monster-Child Friendship
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- More From TVLine
- Natalie Portman Recalls 'Heartbreak' and 'Difficult Times' at Harvard
- Kanye and North West Virtually Unrecognizable in Kim Kardashian's Game
- Michael King, Man Behind Oprah and Dr. Phil's Shows, Dies at 66
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Chris Pratt Recites the Pledge of Allegiance With His Son and It's the Best Thing You'll See All Day!
- More From ET