He's recently been contacted by 15-20 of his biological children, and in this clip reveals to his fiance that his sperm may be responsible for fathering as many as 70 offspring.
To her credit, Ben's fiance manages to contain her reaction, but the shock, and possibly horror, in her face is evident.
Ben's fiance tells him she sees his actions as selfish, and the gravity of his decision seems to hit him in a way it hadn't before. "I guess I was dumb. Maybe I'm being dumb now, I don't know," he says.
I know American television is rife with bizarre, often subversive reality show offerings, but the Dutch may now be the reigning champions of "I can't believe somebody green lit that idea" TV. A show set to air in the Netherlands titled I Want Your Child and Nothing Else will focus on a single woman as she chooses a sperm donor to be the father of her child, though we can assume by the title that "father" is purely a scientific term. The show will air only once on August 23 along with some other reality TV shows, and viewers will then vote on which show to keep on the air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine