He's recently been contacted by 15-20 of his biological children, and in this clip reveals to his fiance that his sperm may be responsible for fathering as many as 70 offspring.
To her credit, Ben's fiance manages to contain her reaction, but the shock, and possibly horror, in her face is evident.
Ben's fiance tells him she sees his actions as selfish, and the gravity of his decision seems to hit him in a way it hadn't before. "I guess I was dumb. Maybe I'm being dumb now, I don't know," he says.
I know American television is rife with bizarre, often subversive reality show offerings, but the Dutch may now be the reigning champions of "I can't believe somebody green lit that idea" TV. A show set to air in the Netherlands titled I Want Your Child and Nothing Else will focus on a single woman as she chooses a sperm donor to be the father of her child, though we can assume by the title that "father" is purely a scientific term. The show will air only once on August 23 along with some other reality TV shows, and viewers will then vote on which show to keep on the air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- More From TVLine
- 'Newsroom' Star Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard -- See the Pretty Pics!
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Jessa Duggar's Father-In-Law Encourages Josh Duggar: 'Hang In There'
- Watch 'Empire' Star Taraji P. Henson Twerk in a Teeny Bikini!
- Kelly Rutherford's Famous Friends React to Her Custody Battle Win
- More From ET