He's recently been contacted by 15-20 of his biological children, and in this clip reveals to his fiance that his sperm may be responsible for fathering as many as 70 offspring.
To her credit, Ben's fiance manages to contain her reaction, but the shock, and possibly horror, in her face is evident.
Ben's fiance tells him she sees his actions as selfish, and the gravity of his decision seems to hit him in a way it hadn't before. "I guess I was dumb. Maybe I'm being dumb now, I don't know," he says.
I know American television is rife with bizarre, often subversive reality show offerings, but the Dutch may now be the reigning champions of "I can't believe somebody green lit that idea" TV. A show set to air in the Netherlands titled I Want Your Child and Nothing Else will focus on a single woman as she chooses a sperm donor to be the father of her child, though we can assume by the title that "father" is purely a scientific term. The show will air only once on August 23 along with some other reality TV shows, and viewers will then vote on which show to keep on the air.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Memories from the Set: Ari Graynor Talks Jobs on The Sopranos, Fringe, Family Guy and More
- Friday the 13th: Slasher Horror Classic in Development as Hour-long TV Drama
- Gracepoint Exclusive Photos: See Anna Gunn & David Tennant in Fox's Broadchurch Adaptation!
- TVLine Items: True Blood Star Nabs Amazon Pilot, Hargitay's Very Special SVU Marathon and More
- Keep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- More From ET