Professional athletes have done well on Dancing with the Stars. Kristi Yamaguchi, ice skating star; Apolo Anton Ohno, Olympic speed skater; Helio Castroneves, race-car driver. It's also true that pro football players have done very well. Former Dallas Cowboy great Emmitt Smith won in 2006, and Miami Dolphins' Jason Taylor came in second this year.
Therefore, it's not surprising to hear that the producer of DWTS are courting another grid iron great, but this one? Warren Sapp, a recently retired defensive tackle, says that he's been invited to Dancing With the Stars and he's thinks he's going to do it.
Warren says he's been asked, but I'll believe this when it's announced by ABC. I'm not saying he's lying, I just think something may have been lost in the translation.
Just when we started to get into this whole "who will replace Conan O'Brien" guessing game, we might have to find a host for another late night show: Craig Ferguson hints he might leave at the end of his contract.
Ferguson reveals to the St. Petersburg Times that he could leave at the end of his six year contract because he doesn't like being famous.
"I just don't know if I like being that visible," he said. "I don't know if I would want to ramp that up any more, you know. And people here find that, I think, quite difficult to (understand)."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 17 Moments: Questions and Answers from 'No One Here Can Love or Understand Me'
- 'Legends' Interview: Steve Harris Discusses Challenges Facing His Undercover Team
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 2
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 6 Predictions: Which 2 Dancers Will Go Home?
- More From BuddyTV
- NBC Cancels Working the Engels
- House of Cards' Rachel Brosnahan to Star in CBS Miniseries The Dovekeeprs
- DirecTV Renews Full Circle for Season 2
- Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder Tweets First Pic of Damon in Season 6
- TVLine Items: Sons' Series Finale Date, New Bear Grylls Show and More
- More From TVLine