Mike's sitcom will be based on the comic's stand up comedy act as well as his weekly autobiographical blog. In the show, Mike plays a Brooklyn stand-up comedian who lives with his girlfriend, works on their relationship and tries to make a success in show business. The humor, naturally, will reflect the routines he's been doing on CD (two) and on TV -- The Late Show with David Letterman (he was one of the youngest guys ever to do stand up on the show), Comedy Central and Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
Question: is it OK to joke about rape when you're talking about insects?
That's what some people are wondering this afternoon as Jerry Seinfeld is getting a little heat from anti-rape groups (hmmm...I would hope that every group is anti-rape, but I digress...) for a remark he made to the New York Daily News promoting his Bee Movie flick:
"Bees have the only perfect society on earth ... They have no crime, they have no drugs, they have no rape. A little rape, but it's not that bad."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs Alumna in Enigmatic Role
- Shadowhunters Adds Being Human's Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather
- Outlander Stars, EP Talk Finale's Tough, 'Tricky' Jamie-Randall Scenes
- More From TVLine
- Emilia Clarke Says She Passed on 'Fifty Shades' Because of the 'Huge Amount of Nudity'
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol': 'Worst Experience of My Life'
- Chris Brown Opens Up About Past Bad Behavior: I 'Hated' the Person I Saw in the Mirror
- Rashida Jones' New Doc Investigates How Porn Companies Are Luring Teenage Girls
- Funny or Die Spoofs the Duggar Scandal, Hulu Pulls '19 Kids'
- More From ET