Mike's sitcom will be based on the comic's stand up comedy act as well as his weekly autobiographical blog. In the show, Mike plays a Brooklyn stand-up comedian who lives with his girlfriend, works on their relationship and tries to make a success in show business. The humor, naturally, will reflect the routines he's been doing on CD (two) and on TV -- The Late Show with David Letterman (he was one of the youngest guys ever to do stand up on the show), Comedy Central and Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
Question: is it OK to joke about rape when you're talking about insects?
That's what some people are wondering this afternoon as Jerry Seinfeld is getting a little heat from anti-rape groups (hmmm...I would hope that every group is anti-rape, but I digress...) for a remark he made to the New York Daily News promoting his Bee Movie flick:
"Bees have the only perfect society on earth ... They have no crime, they have no drugs, they have no rape. A little rape, but it's not that bad."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- TVLine Items: Donald Glover Pilot Adds to Cast, SOA Vet in The Way and More
- Fatal Attraction Event Series: 20 Actors Who'd Bring the Heat (and the Crazy) to Fox's Thriller Remake
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- More From TVLine
- Rumer Willis Shows Off Her Fit Body in Barely-There Bikini
- Demi Lovato Bares All in Bondage Bra and Daisy Dukes
- Refresh Your Summer Office Style Like Shay Mitchell & Kim Kardashian
- Miley Cyrus Makes Out With Victoria's Secret Model Stella Maxwell and It's Pretty Intense
- Shakira and America Ferrera Take Donald Trump to Task For 'Hateful and Racist' Remarks
- More From ET