Mike's sitcom will be based on the comic's stand up comedy act as well as his weekly autobiographical blog. In the show, Mike plays a Brooklyn stand-up comedian who lives with his girlfriend, works on their relationship and tries to make a success in show business. The humor, naturally, will reflect the routines he's been doing on CD (two) and on TV -- The Late Show with David Letterman (he was one of the youngest guys ever to do stand up on the show), Comedy Central and Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
Question: is it OK to joke about rape when you're talking about insects?
That's what some people are wondering this afternoon as Jerry Seinfeld is getting a little heat from anti-rape groups (hmmm...I would hope that every group is anti-rape, but I digress...) for a remark he made to the New York Daily News promoting his Bee Movie flick:
"Bees have the only perfect society on earth ... They have no crime, they have no drugs, they have no rape. A little rape, but it's not that bad."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Will Forever's Jo Learn Henry's Secret? The Series' Stars Have a Theory
- Once Upon a Time Finale Sneak Peek: Heroic Regina Battles Evil Snow White
- Tonight Show Video: Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black Recreate '90s Hair Band Hit
- Castle Recap: Not Ready for Crimetime — Plus, Did Martha Move You?
- The Voice Recap: Pumped-Up Six
- More From TVLine
- 'The Flash': Candice Patton Dishes on Iris' Revelation and Future With Barry
- Britney Spears Explains Her Nasty Onstage Fall: 'It Was Really Kind of Embarrassing'
- 'Once Upon a Time' Romance Rundown: Is True Love's Kiss Coming in the Season 4 Finale?!
- Kevin Bacon's Bloated Face Is Unrecognizable -- See the Pic!
- Ellen Albertini Dow, ‘The Wedding Singer' Rapping Grandmother, Dies at 101
- More From ET