Back in October Brett mentioned a number of Stargate SG-1 movies that were heading straight to DVD release. Within that item he mentioned that these movies could be used as a launching pad for a new Stargate series. It looks like producers aren't waiting for those movies to be completed.
According to an story posted on the Gateworld website a third show in the Stargate franchise is now under development. The new series is in the concept phase and being worked on by those behind current shows Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. Right now there doesn't seem to be a rush to production in order to replace SG1, which ends it 10-season run in Spring 2007. Instead, a premiere of 2008 or later is expected.
Meanwhile, SG1 will return in April with the final 10 episodes of the series. At the same time Atlantis will return to finish out its third season, with a fourth airing later in 2007.
(S10E10) SciFi channel calls this a season finale, but it's more of a mid season cliffhanger. I was ready for this episodes ago, but finally the team is going after the freakin' Sangrael. The beautiful Morena has returned and even dear old Ba'al(Cliff Simon) was in for some action.
If you were watching Eureka, then you caught the preview for Stargate SG-1's 200th episode. Hitting ten seasons and 200 episodes is a pretty serious record, especially for science fiction. Anyhow, if you missed it, I grabbed some screen shots and I'll walk you through the preview and discuss it a bit.
Add another science fiction show refugee to the ever-growing sanctuary known as Stargate SG-1. Morena Baccarin, who portrayed Inara Serra in the short-lived Fox series Firefly and the subsequent movie Serenity, will be joining the Sci-Fi Channel series for a number episodes this upcoming season (which begins on July 14th).
Baccarin will play Adria, the evil daughter of Vala Mal Doran (Claudia Black, who becomes a regular on the series for the 10th season). According to an interview at The Scifi World, Morena really enjoyed playing the truly evil Adria and she tried to balance that cruelity with a likeability. She also reveals that she had quite a bit of trouble finding her way around the set due to contact lenses that she wore for her character.
Stargate SG-1, which premiered on Showtime back in 1997 and moved to the Sci-Fi Channel after five seasons, is currently in the record books as the longest-running, scripted, made-for-cable television series broadcast in the United States. It has become a home for wayward science fiction stars lately, especially last season when Claudia Black and Ben Browder, formerly from the series Farscape, joined the cast.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Casey Faces Down the Barrel of a Gun
- Baby Daddy Season 5: The Lying Game's Allie Gonino to Recur as Ben's [Spoiler]
- Big Bang Theory Cliffhanger Mystery Solved: Leonard and Penny [Spoiler] in the Season 9 Premiere
- Days of Our Lives Unveils 50th Anniversary Logo and 'Killer' Promo
- Game of Thrones: Stannis Lives!
- More From TVLine
- Stephen Colbert Reveals His Meeting With David Letterman
- Julianne Hough Shows Off Her Engagement Sparkler at Taylor Swift's LA Concert
- Misty Copeland Makes Her Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town'
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Dancing With the Stars': Married Couple Alexa and Carlos PenaVega to Compete on Season 21
- Kim Kardashian May Get Uterus Removed After Her Second Pregnancy
- More From ET