April 26, 2015
by Eliot Glazer, posted Dec 22nd 2008 11:22AM
Rare is the episode of reality television that ends without a character seen having shed tears, made a vigilant declaration, or used pop psychological jargon lifted straight from the self-help section (see "I'm a very sexual person," "We share an energy," and "There's more to me than people might think").
For me, that phony vernacular of new age buzzwords that culminate in testimonials of poorly-worded self-expression are simultaneously the best and worst elements of a reality show. Naturally, that's what made Starting Over one of the few reality shows I could not only tolerate, but adore.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Battle Creek' Recap: A Terrifying Trip Down Memory Lane
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 1 Recap: Kandi and NeNe Face Off
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Do Both Regina and Emma Beat Fate?
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Makes a New Ally
- More From BuddyTV