by Eliot Glazer, posted Dec 22nd 2008 11:22AM
Rare is the episode of reality television that ends without a character seen having shed tears, made a vigilant declaration, or used pop psychological jargon lifted straight from the self-help section (see "I'm a very sexual person," "We share an energy," and "There's more to me than people might think").
For me, that phony vernacular of new age buzzwords that culminate in testimonials of poorly-worded self-expression are simultaneously the best and worst elements of a reality show. Naturally, that's what made Starting Over one of the few reality shows I could not only tolerate, but adore.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know about Lafayette Reynolds
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9 Premiere: 3 Tips to Being Prepared
- [Video] 10 Things to Expect from 'Mistresses'
- More From BuddyTV
- Jennifer Hudson will judge 'American Idol' in Season 13: Other alums expected
- 'Arrested Development' Season 4 clips include an ostrich, bees and more Bluth insanity
- TV ratings: 'Rookie Blue' premiere solid; 'Save Me' not so much
- 'Arrested Development': Jason Bateman says Season 4 is about rehabilitating the Bluths
- 2013 Memorial Day marathons: 'Arrested Development,''Veronica Mars' and more
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- Where Was Nashville's Alien Invasion? Mad Men's Dopest Trip? Chicago Conundrum? And More Qs!
- Ratings: Hell's Kitchen Rises, Save Me Scores NBC Low, Hannibal Dips, Old Bang Tops Night
- Arrested Development First Look Video: Watch Four Brand New Season 4 Clips Now!
- What to Watch Friday: Audra McDonald Sings, XIII Tries on Another Life, Maron Is Tied Up and More
- More From TVLine