(S01E01) "Most cops would kill to get into homicide" - John Amsterdam
I like the way this show begins. A brief voice over, a few establishing scenes and some hints as to what makes this series special. In the first five minutes, we learn that John Amsterdam is a homicide detective living in New York who owns a dog, has an active sex life is a recovering alcoholic and was once fatally stabbed in the chest. Makes sense.
Once the show gets rolling, we meet his new partner and his seasoned co-worker. This is where it becomes evident that New Amsterdam is your basic cop show with an added twist.
More details and pictures after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Cast of 'Utopia'
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'This is Rome'
- Meet the Contestants of 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 13
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals' Interview: Joseph Morgan and Phoebe Tonkin Tease Season 2 Behind the Compound Walls
- More From BuddyTV
- Emmy Poll 2014: What Should Win Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series?
- True Blood: Ranking 15 of the Series' Best and (Mostly) Worst Villains
- Sneak Peek: The Last Ship Gets a Rude Awakening in Season Finale
- Max Adler Returning to Glee's Season 6 — Should Klaine Fans Be Worried?
- Pretty Little Liars First Look: 'Fatal' Summer Finale Claims Its First Victim
- More From TVLine
- Pete Wentz Welcomes Baby with Girlfriend Meagan Camper
- EXCLUSIVE: Nicki Minaj's Stylists Talk 'Anaconda': Pink G-String 'Happened Organically'
- Robin Williams' Ashes Scattered in San Francisco Bay
- EXCLUSIVE: On Set With Charli XCX for Her Prom-Themed 'Break the Rules' Video
- Remember William Hung From 'American Idol?' He's Married!
- More From ET