Coincidence? Or did the WWE legend put a Stone Cold Stunner on the renegade snake?
During an interview about his role as host on USA's 'Tough Enough' (Mon., 11PM ET, USA), we posed the question to him: Could the Texas Rattlesnake take down the Bronx Zoo cobra?
'Stone Cold' Steve Austin Stuns JBL and Michael Cole With His WWE Return on 'Monday Night Raw' (VIDEO)
Austin will mentor wannabe wrestlers as they try out for a spot on the WWE roster. The show was previously on MTV, but will now air on USA beginning April 4 after Monday Night Raw.
The wrestler guest starred on 'Chuck' last year.
In other TV news ...
• HBO picked up Aaron Sorkin's new pilot. The series takes place behind the scenes at a cable news show. Keith Olbermann will reportedly contribute on-air rants for the show. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Greg Grunberg is set to star in the pilot 'Big Mike' for A&E. The actor will play a skilled plus-sized San Diego police detective. [Deadline]
• People watch more TV when they're snowed in. Duh. [THR]
No need to adjust your glasses at the title of this post. What we're talking about here is the inflation-adjusted price of the Bionic Man in the year 2008. This is according to CNNMoney.com, which looked at a number of pop culture icons and programs to see what the costs for various things would be. Using tools from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they were able to put estimates not only the inflation adjusted costs but the actual cost in today's world.
Take Steve Austin, for instance. The six million dollars that it cost to make the former astronaut stronger and faster in 1974 would actually be an inflation-adjusted $26 million dollars today. Factor in the actual cost of the bionic parts, more than $100 million, and Steve would probably be stronger, not faster.
Paul Dinello, one of the co-creators of one of the greatest TV shows of all time, Strangers with Candy, and the man who played gay art teacher Geoffry Jellineck on the series, is set to direct the new FOX comedy pilot Me & Lee?
The pilot is called Me & Lee?, just to clarify. I didn't want you readers to think I was asking you whether or not Dinello is directing the pilot.
I have a confession to make: I used to be in love with Lindsay Wagner.
Now, she didn't know anything about it, of course. I was around 11 years old, so she probably wouldn't have given me the time of day. But I bring this up because NBC is bringing back Wagner's Six Million Dollar Man spinoff The Bionic Woman. If you never saw it, here's a plot summary: teacher gets into accident, gets superpowers such as super hearing and strength, solves crimes for the government.
The show will be supervised by Battlestar Galactica producer David Eick, so we can expect a huge update of the story and how they go about it. Hey, as long as they don't have that damn bionic dog in it, I might check this out. I wonder they'll twist things like on Battlestar Galactica and make the Fembots all men?
Speaking of Wagner, is she doing anything else besides those Sleep Number bed commercials? She still looks great.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- Constantine's Matt Ryan Talks Meeting Zed, Losing His Clothes and Reuniting the Newcastle Crew
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Will Belle Betray Rumplestiltskin?
- The Colbert Report's End Date Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Embarrassing Halloween Costumes Make Him Even Cuter
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- Is Jessica Biel Pregnant? New Tweet Fuels Baby Rumors
- How Long Will Robert Downey Jr. Play Iron Man?
- More From ET