After spending 25 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, Jeffrey Rollins was up for parole, but the judges seemed ready to dismiss him back into the system, and Rollins had had enough. Played with passion by 'The Practice's Steve Harris, Rollins made his own plea to the tribunal.
Despite being innocent, Rollins was advised to admit his guilt and move forward toward a parole to get his freedom that way, but he was having none of that.
According to Entertainment Weekly, NBC's latchkey football series 'Friday Night Lights' will be bringing aboard a new cast member: Steve Harris.
Finally, after tonight's episode I get the character of Maggie Dekker and see the potential in her. The one-dimensional "annoyingly optimistic naive new kid" is starting to develop some real personality as well as showcasing some actual legal capabilities. This started last week when she nailed Eli as a poseur for becoming "good Eli" only because of his aneurysm. She's actually become a character I like, though I don't see why she had to cut and change her hair color. What's wrong with that hot blonde from Veronica Mars up there?
(S01E06) The secret is out. After hiding his condition from his boss, colleagues and clients for two months Eli Stone has finally come clean. Now, the world (or at least San Francisco) knows. Reaction is mixed. Some, like Eli's ex-fiancee and his brother, are glad that it's all out in the open now.
His colleagues' reaction? We know at least one person's opinion --more on that later. As for his boss and mentor, Jordan Whethersby...well, needless to say there's an extreme cold front coming between him and Eli. But, we'll discuss that in detail after the jump. For now, let's talk about Eli's decision to fess up.
Heist, the stylish NBC robbery drama, has already been axed by the network, Michael Ausiello is reporting at his site (hey, Ausiello has a site? Cool.).
Come on, this was a limited-run show anyway, why not let it play out? I caught a couple of eps, and while I was bugged by Dougray Scott's accent, I thought it was a rather fun, clever show, and I certainly wanted to see what happened next. But I guess NBC needs the hour for another episode of Deal Or No Deal.
[UPDATE: Writer/creator Mark Cullen confirms the cancellation in a comment below.]
But as reporters from around the entertainment journalism landscape politely asked stars Dougray Scott and Steve Harris their questions, I started to figure out exactly what this show was going to be like. There was going to be a team of expert thieves, each with a specialty; they were going to plan a big heist that's funded by smaller heists; there was going to be a cat-and-mouse game with the cops with some romantic entanglements; finally, there was going to be goofy lines and lots of people not taking themselves too seriously.
How'd I get this off of one conference call? Two words: Oceans Eleven.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.12 Photos: The Merge and Steroline at the Hospital
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: The Liars Face Icy Danger as the Police Close in on Hanna
- 'Supernatural' Recap: Charlie's Battle of Good and Evil
- 'MasterChef Junior' Recap: Does an Advantage Turn into a Disadvantage in the Tag Team Challenge?
- Best 'Originals' Quotes from 'Brotherhood of the Damned'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Freezer Burn
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Walking Dead's Tyler James Williams
- Post Mortem: Flash Boss on Wells' Agenda, Joe's Secret, Barry's New Girl
- HTGAWM EP Teases 'Murder Night' Fallout, Connor's 'Changed' Sex Life and Michaela's Wedding Woes
- Pilot News: CBS Orders Code Black Drama, Based on ER Documentary
- More From TVLine
- Chris Hemsworth's Twins Will Melt Your Heart
- Donald Trump on Chances of 2016 Presidential Run: Decision in 'Very Near Future'
- Sia Releases Ballad From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Soundtrack
- 'Grey's Anatomy's' Sarah Drew Opens Up About Daughter's Premature Birth
- The All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Gets a Cast! Find Out Who Will Join Melissa McCarthy
- More From ET