The cartoon started out normally, but halfway through turned from animation to live-action, with former 'SNL'-er Jimmy Fallon and frequent 'SNL' host Jon Hamm playing the flesh-and-blood superheroes. Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell, who originally voiced the caped heroes, played the live versions of Brain-io and Big Head, with Ed Helms and Fred Armisen as two of their evil counterparts.
Watch the skit after the jump, and tell us: What did you think of the live-action Ace and Gary? What about the rest of last night's 'SNL'?
Given that the country is involved in two wars (not counting our military action in Libya) some have cited Romney's use of the word "peacetime" as a rare written gaffe. Stephen Colbert, however, defended Romney from the "mitt-pickers" on 'The Colbert Report' (weekdays, 11:30 PM ET on Comedy Central)
"Congress never declared war on any of these countries, so technically Romney's right," Colbert argued. "Our soldiers are just spending a semester abroad."
Or, how about this?
Did you know that before he hosted his eponymous chair-throwing, fist-flying talk show, Jerry Springer was the mayor of Cincinnati?
Going from politician to TV star may be an unusual path, but the opposite route is actually quite common.
Here are 13 stars who made -- or tried to make -- the leap from primetime to politics.
So, off with the noose and on with the list...
(S19E01) Blackboard Gag: I will not wait 20 years to make another movie
Adam, this one's for you.
To begin this review I would like to speak to all of the continuity wonks out there in the audience. You know who you are! You're the folks who keep writing about how nothing changes in Springfield, even after something major happens the episode before. Well, The Simpsons has plenty of continuity. If not, then Ned's wife would still be alive the week after she died and Selma's last name would not be Selma Bouvier Terwilliger Hutz McClure Stu Simpson, Continuity is there . . . it's just subtle.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- The big scandals are the ones we love to talk about. Let's not talk about what Sharon Osbourne sends people wrapped up in Tiffany & Co. boxes ever again.
- Three Hollywood chimpanzees are finally out of the hands of their abusive animal trainer.
- Steven Colbert's word "truthiness" was just named word of the year by Merriam-Webster (and they don't even think it's a word.)
Video after the jump!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- Kit Harington's Long Hair: Is it a Clue to Jon Snow's Game of Thrones Future?
- Heroes Reborn: Animated Character Posters Reveal the Newbies' Powers
- Falling Skies: Drew Roy Talks Confusing 'Warrior' Cry, Hal's Triangle Troubles
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- More From TVLine