August 4, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- 'The Whispers' Recap: The Race to Kill Drill is On
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Sneaky Pete Trailer, Jimmy Kimmel in NYC and More
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Season 1 Big Bad Vandal Savage
- New Haven Promo Narrows Down the Season 5 Return Date
- Grey's Anatomy Killing McDreamy Was a 'Difficult Decision,' Says ABC Boss
- Community Cancelled: Joel McHale Confirms No Season 7
- More From TVLine
- Deadly Shooting Breaks Out at Drake's OVO After-Party in Toronto
- Taylor Swift Granted These 70-Year-Olds' Wish to Dance Onstage to 'Shake It Off'
- Kim Richards Charged With Petty Theft: Inside Her Target Shoplifting Arrest
- Heartbreaking Similarities Between Whitney Houston's and Bobbi Kristina Brown's Tragic Lives and Deaths
- Zayn Malik Ends Engagement With Perrie Edwards
- More From ET