September 23, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Premiere Recap: The Search for Berlin Continues
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale Recap: Big Jim Goes on a Killing Spree
- More From BuddyTV
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- Under the Dome Season 2 Finale Recap: Heeeere's Jimmy!
- Dallas Finale Recap: Fall in the Family
- Forever: Does ABC's Immortal Drama Have Staying Power?
- The Voice Season 7 Premiere Recap: Do You Si What They Si? [Updated]
- More From TVLine
- Breaking Down The Dance Numbers: 'DWTS' Recap
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Premiere: Find Out Which Coach Has the Best Team So Far!
- Bill Clinton on Becoming a Grandfather: I Feel Like I'm in Labor
- 10 Reasons We're Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later
- More From ET