July 30, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 14 Moments: Mama Bears and Creepy Guys from 'Scream for Me'
- 'Graceland' Exclusive: First Look at Carmine Giovinazzo as Head of LAPD's Gang Task Force
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Top 14 Dancers are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 10 Reasons to Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- More From BuddyTV
- Big Bang Theory Production Officially Postponed, as Actors Await New Deals
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actor in a Drama? Take Our Poll!
- Krysten Ritter Lands on The Blacklist
- TVLine Items: The Flash's Hot New Villain, Fargo Cop's Covert Gig and More
- Ratings: Food Fighters Pops, AGT Tops
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE! Jesse McCartney is a Geeky Guest Star on 'Young and Hungry'—Watch Now!
- Kelsey Grammer Speaks to Sister's Murderer for the First Time: 'I Forgive You'
- Allison Williams to Play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew Reacts
- Zac Efron Acknowledges Addiction Issues with Bear Grylls
- More From ET