December 18, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100': The Ups and Downs of Finn's Journey
- The 15 Funniest Episodes of 'Supernatural,' Part 2
- Top 10 Moments from 'Survivor: San Juan Del Sur'
- [Video] 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Date Set: The Clones Go to 'War' in April
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Pepper Finds a New Home
- More From BuddyTV
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- American Horror Story Sneak Peek: Watch Neil Patrick Harris' Bloody Debut
- New Girl Casts Nasim Pedrad as Winston's Training Officer
- More From TVLine