July 25, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Khloe Kardashian Talks Sex Life with French Montana
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Looks Funnier Than the First
- Morgan Freeman Sucks Down Helium on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Veronica Mars' Takes Top Prize At The MTVu Fandom Awards!
- From Wizard To Demon: Daniel Radcliffe Gets Devilish In Creepy New 'Horns' Poster
- More From ET