October 2, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Cast in Other Roles
- 'Reign' Interview: Torrance Coombs Teases Darker Season 2 and Bash Becoming Francis' Deputy
- 'Gracepoint' Review: Why It's More Than Just Another Murder Mystery
- 'A to Z' Review: Can You Fall In Love with a Couple That's Doomed?
- [Video] 'Bad Judge' Preview: An Unconventional Courtroom
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Stalker Matches CSI Numbers, Criminal Minds Returns Strong, Red Band Stabilizes, black-ish Drops
- USA Network Pulls Plug on Rush, Continues Tryst With Satisfaction
- Reign Season 2: Toby Regbo on Francis' Baby Skills, Lola's Threat and More
- Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev Talks Life After Damon, Stelena's New 'Journey'
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Whoa, Did 'The Closer' Once Seduce Capt. Holt?
- More From TVLine
- The Real Reason The Afflecks Didn't Get Invited to George Clooney's Wedding
- Watch Will Ferrell Chant 'Derek Jeter' for 4 Long Minutes
- David Letterman and Bill O'Reilly Take a Compatibility Test
- Olivia Pope's 'Scandal' Men Pose Shirtless with Pups
- Jeff Garlin Calls Former Co-Star Selena Gomez's Sexualization 'Disgusting'
- More From ET