October 6, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 7.2 and 7.3 Photos: Damon and Bonnie Fight the Heretics
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Week 4 Performance Rankings
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Adam Levine's Team
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Reveal: The Feisty 'New Woman' in Rick's Life Is... Aubrey Plaza?
- Vampire Diaries Season 7 Photos: 'Bamon' Teams Up, Caroline Suffers
- TVLine Items: Tricia Helfer on Powers, Reign Casting Shake-Up and More
- Strain EPs Clear the Air on Nora's Fate, Tease a 'Different, Faster' Season 3
- ABC Family Changing Name to Freeform — Do You Love It or Hate It?
- More From TVLine
- What Holly Madison Wants to Teach Her Daughter About Playboy
- Watch Ariana Grande Kiss Her 'Victorious' Costar Liz Gillies
- If Your Name Is Lauren and You Lost Your Student ID, Tom Hanks Has It
- Cindy Crawford Goes Makeup-Free, Shows Off Flawless Bikini Bod at 49
- Cathriona White's Husband Revealed as Jim Carrey's Late Girlfriend's Body Is Released
- More From ET