October 31, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'The World Has Turned and Left Me Here'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
- Starz's Magic City Returning as Movie; Bruce Willis, More to Join Original Cast
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- More From TVLine
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Stylish Amal Clooney is Everyone's Favorite Halloween Costume
- J.K. Rowling Celebrates Halloween by Releasing a Wicked, New 'Harry Potter' Story
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Pitch Perfect 2' Cast
- More From ET