July 5, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Doubles Down on Patriotic Gear for the Fourth of July -- See the Pics!
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Writes Heartwarming Handwritten Letter to Ailing Fan
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- One Direction's Liam Payne Gets Gets Up Close and Personal with Dinos at Universal Orlando
- More From ET