April 25, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Aaron Carter Opens Up About Addiction Struggle
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- More From ET