April 20, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From New Girl, Good Wife, Thrones, Vampire Diaries and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch Sunday: Devious Maids Return, Salem Casts a Spell, SNL Spoofs Veep and More
- More From TVLine