March 8, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- 'Blue Bloods': Killed couple's daughter seeks revenge
- 'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Dave Annable, Chuck Alum and Enlisted Star Are Among the Latest Castings
- Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following
- Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill's Robert Buckley Returns to The CW in Rob Thomas' iZombie
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- More From TVLine