by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrested Development': Track the Bluths' long journey with this timeline
- 'Does Someone Have to Go?': Employees compare salaries, open a can of worms
- FX sets launch date for new thriller 'The Bridge'
- 'Rookie Blue' Season 4: Gregory Smith and Missy Peregrym return for another summer on the beat
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 11 - 'Family Ties
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Body of Proof Series Finale Video: Megan Gets to the Bottom of Her Daddy Issues (With a Little Help From a Veronica Mars Grad)!
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Castle, Psych, NCIS: LA, Covert Affairs, Suits, Beast and More!
- TVLine Items: Intervention Cancelled, Idol Alum Gets Campy, FX Sets Date for Bridge and More!
- Fox Reality Chief Previews Does Someone Have to Go?: 'It's Relatable, Emotional, Voyeuristic'
- Finale Ratings: The Middle Holds Steady, Modern Family, SVU and Criminal Minds Down Vs. 2012
- More From TVLine