January 30, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.12: Hayley Faces Difficult Decision
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.12 Photos: Malcolm Merlyn Joins the Team
- More From BuddyTV
- Elementary Boss: After Kitty's Exit, Sherlock and Watson Must 'Evolve'
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Breaking Bad Star Anna Gunn
- Parenthood Finale: Show Boss Talks Flash-Forward Surprises, Deleted Scenes and That FNL Cameo
- Scandal Returns: The 7 Craziest Reveals About Olivia's Vanishing
- More From TVLine
- The Top 7 Sexiest Super Bowl Studs From Each Team
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' for 40th Anniversary Special!
- OMG T.G.I.T.! The Jaw-Dropping Moments From 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal' and 'HTGAWM'
- Ellen Snaps a Birthday Selfie With Music's Biggest Superstars
- 'Parenthood' Series Finale Recap: The Bravermans End Where It All Began
- More From ET