July 28, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Jul 28th 2009 12:20AM
(S05E08) When I say that a lot of this episode of The Closer felt like a CSI episode, with the emphasis on the gory and gruesome aspects of original murder, I'm not being critical. And when I mention there were also elements that reminded of Cold Case, that's also not a diss because Cold Case is an underrated show.
But unlike Cold Case, which brings the past to life, The Closer remained very much in the present. Generally speaking, this was a pretty strong episode that played up Brenda's vulnerability.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Longmire, Castle and More
- 'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Major Crimes, Defiance, Witches, Falling Skies and Other Shows Are Faring
- TVLine Items: Fringe Fave Goes Orange, Ferb Gets Lost, Vikings Trailer and More
- More From TVLine
- iJustine on the Selfie Making News Around The World
- Michael Douglas Thanks Doctors on World Head and Neck Cancer Day
- Ian Somerhalder Puckers Up for One Lucky Fan
- Who Will Be Taking It All Off for 'Hair' at the Hollywood Bowl?
- Donald Sterling Loses Court Case, Sale of Clippers Can Go Forward
- More From ET