April 25, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 4th 2009 8:57PM
Amid the CBS Summer Press Tour this week, the subject came up about why the network had cancelled Without A Trace. It wasn't ratings, which is clearly the truth because just this past weekend, Without A Trace was pulling over six million viewers for a rerun, doubling the number of people who tuned in for the brand new ABC series, Defying Gravity. Therefore, if Without A Trace was still capable of besting the fodder produced by the competition, why on earth would CBS dump it?
"Every show has its own life cycle," said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler, who went on to explain that the shows the network had in development were just too good to wait. In other words, The Good Wife, Three Rivers and NCIS: Los Angeles, none of which are proven hits, were more important than an established success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- More From TVLine
- Jill Duggar Dillard Baby Album
- Kim Kardashian Tweets Support for Bruce Jenner After '20/20' Interview
- Bruce Jenner: Kanye West Helped Kim Kardashian Understand His Transition
- Jared Leto's Joker Revealed in Creepy New 'Suicide Squad' Photo!
- Kris Jenner Calls Ex-Husband Bruce Jenner 'My Hero'
- More From ET