October 30, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 4th 2009 8:57PM
Amid the CBS Summer Press Tour this week, the subject came up about why the network had cancelled Without A Trace. It wasn't ratings, which is clearly the truth because just this past weekend, Without A Trace was pulling over six million viewers for a rerun, doubling the number of people who tuned in for the brand new ABC series, Defying Gravity. Therefore, if Without A Trace was still capable of besting the fodder produced by the competition, why on earth would CBS dump it?
"Every show has its own life cycle," said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler, who went on to explain that the shows the network had in development were just too good to wait. In other words, The Good Wife, Three Rivers and NCIS: Los Angeles, none of which are proven hits, were more important than an established success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Will Rayna Choose Career Over Romance?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Edward Mordrake's Hellish Carnival Gets a New Freak
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: No Treats for These Kids on Halloween
- 'Arrow' Recap: The Devil Returns to Starling City
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Victoria Loses Her Cool During David's Big TV Interview
- Reign Wedding Drama: Jonathan Keltz Talks Leith's Future With(out) Greer
- NCIS Fave Diane Neal to Bring Agent Borin to NCIS: New Orleans
- Vampire Diaries Newcomer Talks Jo's Dark Past, Bright Future With Alaric
- Nashville Recap: Ruke-lear Disaster
- More From TVLine
- ET Sneak Peek: On Set With 'How To Get Away To With Murder' and Viola Davis
- Lily Rabe Joins 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' as Her 'Asylum' Character
- T-Pain Sings Without Auto-Tune and It's Awesome!
- Jim Carrey Tests David Letterman for Ebola
- Miley Cyrus and Rihanna Bid For Best Cleavage at amfAR Gala
- More From ET