August 20, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 4th 2009 8:57PM
Amid the CBS Summer Press Tour this week, the subject came up about why the network had cancelled Without A Trace. It wasn't ratings, which is clearly the truth because just this past weekend, Without A Trace was pulling over six million viewers for a rerun, doubling the number of people who tuned in for the brand new ABC series, Defying Gravity. Therefore, if Without A Trace was still capable of besting the fodder produced by the competition, why on earth would CBS dump it?
"Every show has its own life cycle," said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler, who went on to explain that the shows the network had in development were just too good to wait. In other words, The Good Wife, Three Rivers and NCIS: Los Angeles, none of which are proven hits, were more important than an established success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 5 to Advance from the Quarterfinals?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Cast Photos
- 'Covert Affairs' Recap: The Chase Continues
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Final 12 Quarterfinalists Perform
- More From BuddyTV
- Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Sister Act
- NCIS Season 12: DiNozzo to 'Partner' With Melrose Place Knockout
- Scoop: Desperate Housewives Alumna Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Grey's, Sons of Anarchy, Hawaii Five-0, Castle, NCIS: LA, Scandal and More
- More From TVLine
- Duggar Baby News! Jill Dillard Is Pregnant
- Zoe Saldana Finally Confirms Pregnancy with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'A Dame To Kill For' Stars Share Secrets of Survival in 'Sin City'
- Birthday Girl Amy Adams' 7 Highest Rated Movies
- 'Community,' 'Arrested Development' & Other Major TV Comebacks
- More From ET