March 1, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 10th 2009 3:02PM
A lot of times, the news about ratings isn't good. Or not good enough, so shows that you care about have to hope for the kindness of TV executives to give that show more time to improve or find a new time slot or something ... just to survive. That's why it's such a pleasure that Burn Notice did great in the ratings for the summer season finale last Thursday. According to the numbers, 7.6 million total viewers were glued to the set, the most eyeballs for any scripted TV shows that night.
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 1st 2009 2:02PM
Based on the previews showing Strickler asking Michael to turn on Fiona, the summer season finale of Burn Notice promises to be a bang-up episode. Especially after Fiona walked out on Michael last week because of his obsession with getting back in the intelligence community, i.e. getting the burn notice lifted. However, amid all those hijinks will be a reunion that many, many fans will be tuning in to see -- Cagney and Lacey. That's right, Tyne Daly is guesting on Burn Notice with her former partner Sharon Gless, a.k.a. Michael's mom.
It's taken more than a year for the powers that be to swing this casting coup, and not surprisingly, they've saved it for the season finale. I'm just hoping that they've found a way to weave it into the main story and not make it just a silly subplot, because Daly and Gless deserve a showcase.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Who Makes It into Storybrooke?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': What Needs to Happen in Season 2
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Child Star'
- 'Downton Abbey' Quotes: The Dowager Countess' Best Quips
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Photos: Chris Soules Faces the Ladies
- More From BuddyTV
- Good Wife Recap: Cash Twenty-Two
- The Last Man on Earth: Is Fox's New Post-Apocalyptic Comedy a Survivor?
- The Walking Dead Recap: Our Town?
- Once Upon a Time Spring Premiere Recap: Hearts of Darkness — Plus: Get Scoop on [Spoiler]'s Secret
- Quotes of the Week From Daily Show, Looking, Modern Family and More
- More From TVLine