Super Bowl XLII
And how do you that? That's easy. Just sprinkle in some sex! It's nature's negotiator.
Of course, it's not as simple as it sounds. These days, people are easier to offend than Catholic nuns and the FCC has made it nearly impossible to advertise products the way God intended (i.e. naked girls with abnormally large boobs writhing and moaning over the awesomeness of Flonase). So an even subtler art of using sex to get your money lies within this deeply layered process. Here are the best of the best and the worst of the worst.
Super Bowl XLII is all done except for the cleanup and the hangovers. And, you are probably doing one of two things right now. Either you are joyously celebrating the win of the Wild Card New York Giants over the undefeated (until Sunday) New England Patriots, or your are cursing out that f@#&ing Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick for screwing up a perfect season and, most likely, starting a new sports curse in New England.
Oh well, at least you have the commercials to take your mind off of it all if you were a Patriots fan. This year's crop was pretty diverse with a mix of serious and humorous ads. Plus, a little star power thrown in just for taste. Thanks to Jason Hughes, Jen Creer, JJ Hawkins, and yours truly, TV Squad has postings about every new commercial that aired, from the E-Trade baby to the guy who attached jumper cables to his nipples.
If you're scratching your head on what the hell I mean then jump over to the next page, where you'll see a list of links to all of our commercial reviews.
When you think about the Super Bowl, does the name "Ryan Seacrest" come to mind? Probably not. I'm pretty sure I know more about football than Ryan Seacrest (which isn't saying a heck of a lot). Yet somehow, Fox has awarded Super Bowl hosting duties to their American Idol golden boy.
As master of ceremonies for football's biggest game, Ryan will host pregame red-carpet events, as well as the halftime show. Super Bowl XLII is set to take place in February at the University of Phoenix stadium in Arizona. And while halftime entertainment has not yet been announced, I'm starting to suspect that we might see a couple of American Idols perform.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Castle' Episode 7.17 Photos: Competition for Beckett at the Shooting Range
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Adam Levine's Team
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.16 Photos: Olivia Meets with Cyrus and Abby
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.16 Photos: Richard Bonds with Maggie
- 11 Best Dressed Characters on TV
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle First Look: Can Linda Park's Hong Kong Cop Outgun Beckett?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Joins Disney XD's Star Wars Rebels for Season 2
- Suits Finale Preview: The L-Bomb, Brotherly Flashbacks — Plus: Watch Harvey and Donna's First Meeting!
- NCIS: LA Brings Back Alicia Coppola
- Community Season 6 Trailer Teases Greendale's Weirdest Year Yet
- More From TVLine
- Chloe Bennet & Clark Gregg Tease Skye's 'Inhuman' Transformation on 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD'
- Aubrey Plaza Gifted 'Parks & Rec' Co-star Aziz Ansari with Blood and Hair (Sorta)
- Michael Jordan Joins Forbes' Billionaire List
- Elsa Pataky 'Will Never' Tell Her Hubby Chris Hemsworth He's 'Beautiful and Fit'
- Christie Brinkley Weighs In on Controversial 'Unretouched' Cindy Crawford Photo
- More From ET