Super Mario Rescues the Princess
For years Seth MacFarlane has worked in the small animated universe that contains Family Guy, American Dad and soon The Cleveland Show (with some wading in the Robot Chicken pool). During that time he has provided voice and picture to the trials and tribulations of two typical American families. Yet, deep down inside, you knew that he wanted to do more than work with the Griffins and the Smiths. You could see it with in the amount of fantasy sequences placed during a typical episode of Family Guy.
Now, thanks to a combination of Internet and fast food, Seth is getting his chance to explore the world outside of his FOX Sunday night offerings. YouTube -- the dusty video cabinet of the World Wide Web -- will be hosting all new MacFarlane cartoon shorts under the short title Set MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy. Sponsored by fast food giant Burger King (and featuring the giant-headed king in the opening sequence), the YouTube channel will show one to two-minute cartoons featuring all new characters and scripts. According to a press release sent to TV Squad, there will be 50 shorts that are custom-made for the web (and eventual DVD release, I'm sure.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: 'A' is Unmasked at Prom
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Recap: Ramona and Bethenny Argue at Sonja's Fashion Show
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- More From BuddyTV
- Playing House: Maggie Gets a 'Real, Live Human Family' in Season 2
- Stitchers Finale: Emma Ishta Talks [Spoiler]'s Uncertain Fate in Season 2
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Shonda Rhimes on 'Rebirth' for Meredith, 'Exciting New Romances' for Callie and Arizona
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Undercover Brother
- Coach Revival Casts Kimmy Schdmit's Andrew Ridings as Hayden's Son
- More From TVLine
- Woman Claiming to Be the Real 'Cookie' From 'Empire' Files $300 Million Lawsuit
- James Corden and Demi Lovato Celebrate Everyday Heroes With Singing Telegrams!
- First 'Deadpool' Trailer Is the Bloody NSFW Masterpiece Everyone Was Hoping For
- Vin Diesel is Among the 3 Highest-Paid Actors in the World
- Celebrity Breakups 2015
- More From ET