In a statement, Madonna said she's partnered with a creative team from Cirque du Soleil, choreographer Jamie King and multimedia artists from Moment Factory, "to create a signature performance for the Super Bowl's Halftime Show, which will be broadcast worldwide."
Super Bowl XLVI will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Sunday February 5. The live halftime show is the most-watched television musical event of the year: More than 162 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's show featuring The Black Eyed Peas performing with Slash and Usher.
In what has to be the most boring, predictable news of the day, The Rolling Stones will play during the half-time show of the Super Bowl game in February. Let's just hope that Mick doesn't rip off Keith's shirt.
Seriously, rock n' roll is a young person's game. I don't want to see 60somethings rockin' during the Super Bowl or any other bowl, no matter how legendary and great they are.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Premiere Recap: The Search for Berlin Continues
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale Recap: Big Jim Goes on a Killing Spree
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Photos: Jess Gets a Glance at Her New Man's, Er, Shortcomings
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- Under the Dome Season 2 Finale Recap: Heeeere's Jimmy!
- Dallas Finale Recap: Fall in the Family
- Forever: Does ABC's Immortal Drama Have Staying Power?
- More From TVLine
- Robin Williams' Daughter Zelda Sends Message of Gratitude
- Ellen DeGeneres Shows Up In Matthew McConaughey's Car Commercial
- Vin Diesel Unrecognizable In 'The Last Witch Hunter'
- Miss America Winner Accused Of Being Expelled From Sorority For Hazing
- Ashley Judd Looks Stunning In The Skin-Tightest Dress You've Ever Seen
- More From ET