In a statement, Madonna said she's partnered with a creative team from Cirque du Soleil, choreographer Jamie King and multimedia artists from Moment Factory, "to create a signature performance for the Super Bowl's Halftime Show, which will be broadcast worldwide."
Super Bowl XLVI will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Sunday February 5. The live halftime show is the most-watched television musical event of the year: More than 162 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's show featuring The Black Eyed Peas performing with Slash and Usher.
In what has to be the most boring, predictable news of the day, The Rolling Stones will play during the half-time show of the Super Bowl game in February. Let's just hope that Mick doesn't rip off Keith's shirt.
Seriously, rock n' roll is a young person's game. I don't want to see 60somethings rockin' during the Super Bowl or any other bowl, no matter how legendary and great they are.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- SYTYCD Top 6 Recap: It's Gonna Be a Bride, Sunshiney Day [Updated]
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Louis' Power Play, Mike/Rachel's Future
- Castle's Derrick Storm Novels Being Developed Into New ABC Series
- The CW's iZombie Recasts Its Mother
- The Middle Braces for Richard Kind as Sue's Orthodontist
- More From TVLine