In a statement, Madonna said she's partnered with a creative team from Cirque du Soleil, choreographer Jamie King and multimedia artists from Moment Factory, "to create a signature performance for the Super Bowl's Halftime Show, which will be broadcast worldwide."
Super Bowl XLVI will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Sunday February 5. The live halftime show is the most-watched television musical event of the year: More than 162 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's show featuring The Black Eyed Peas performing with Slash and Usher.
In what has to be the most boring, predictable news of the day, The Rolling Stones will play during the half-time show of the Super Bowl game in February. Let's just hope that Mick doesn't rip off Keith's shirt.
Seriously, rock n' roll is a young person's game. I don't want to see 60somethings rockin' during the Super Bowl or any other bowl, no matter how legendary and great they are.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Orphan Black Season 2 Premiere Recap: Fishy Business — Plus: Grade the Episode!
- Ratings: Hannibal Rises, Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares Slip, Hart of Dixie Steady
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- More From TVLine