For years Seth MacFarlane has worked in the small animated universe that contains Family Guy, American Dad and soon The Cleveland Show (with some wading in the Robot Chicken pool). During that time he has provided voice and picture to the trials and tribulations of two typical American families. Yet, deep down inside, you knew that he wanted to do more than work with the Griffins and the Smiths. You could see it with in the amount of fantasy sequences placed during a typical episode of Family Guy.
Now, thanks to a combination of Internet and fast food, Seth is getting his chance to explore the world outside of his FOX Sunday night offerings. YouTube -- the dusty video cabinet of the World Wide Web -- will be hosting all new MacFarlane cartoon shorts under the short title Set MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy. Sponsored by fast food giant Burger King (and featuring the giant-headed king in the opening sequence), the YouTube channel will show one to two-minute cartoons featuring all new characters and scripts. According to a press release sent to TV Squad, there will be 50 shorts that are custom-made for the web (and eventual DVD release, I'm sure.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' winner talks Season 4 victory
- Cher proves it's a 'Woman's World' with performance on 'The Voice' finale
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 20: Meet the contemporary dancers
- 'The Voice' Season 4 winner: Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel or The Swon Brothers - who won?
- 'America's Got Talent': American Military Spouses Choir ends night on high note
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tonight: Franklin & Bash Is Back, Shatner Live in Cleveland, Futurama and More
- The Voice Season 4 Finale Recap: They're All Stars Tonight [Updated]
- The Voice: Season 4′s 25 Best Performances!
- It's Official: Anger Management's Selma Blair Abruptly Exits in Midst of Show's 90-Episode Run
- Liv Tyler Cast in HBO Drama Pilot The Leftovers
- More From TVLine