For years Seth MacFarlane has worked in the small animated universe that contains Family Guy, American Dad and soon The Cleveland Show (with some wading in the Robot Chicken pool). During that time he has provided voice and picture to the trials and tribulations of two typical American families. Yet, deep down inside, you knew that he wanted to do more than work with the Griffins and the Smiths. You could see it with in the amount of fantasy sequences placed during a typical episode of Family Guy.
Now, thanks to a combination of Internet and fast food, Seth is getting his chance to explore the world outside of his FOX Sunday night offerings. YouTube -- the dusty video cabinet of the World Wide Web -- will be hosting all new MacFarlane cartoon shorts under the short title Set MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy. Sponsored by fast food giant Burger King (and featuring the giant-headed king in the opening sequence), the YouTube channel will show one to two-minute cartoons featuring all new characters and scripts. According to a press release sent to TV Squad, there will be 50 shorts that are custom-made for the web (and eventual DVD release, I'm sure.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: Confronting Nick and Fantasy Suite Sex
- 'Extant' Episode 4 Photos: An Island Escape
- 'The Fosters' Recap: Brandon Reveals His Secret
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: What's in the Locker is Finally Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Under the Dome Recap: Tunnel Vision
- Teen Wolf Recap: Beta and Switch
- Bachelorette Finale: Who 'Won'? Who Wept? Who Spilled a Sex Secret?
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- More From TVLine
- 'The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies' Looks Epic In This New Trailer!
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Andi Dorfman Choose Josh or Nick? Plus, Find Out if He Proposed!
- iJustine on the Selfie Making News Around The World
- Michael Douglas Thanks Doctors on World Head and Neck Cancer Day
- Ian Somerhalder Puckers Up for One Lucky Fan
- More From ET