For years Seth MacFarlane has worked in the small animated universe that contains Family Guy, American Dad and soon The Cleveland Show (with some wading in the Robot Chicken pool). During that time he has provided voice and picture to the trials and tribulations of two typical American families. Yet, deep down inside, you knew that he wanted to do more than work with the Griffins and the Smiths. You could see it with in the amount of fantasy sequences placed during a typical episode of Family Guy.
Now, thanks to a combination of Internet and fast food, Seth is getting his chance to explore the world outside of his FOX Sunday night offerings. YouTube -- the dusty video cabinet of the World Wide Web -- will be hosting all new MacFarlane cartoon shorts under the short title Set MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy. Sponsored by fast food giant Burger King (and featuring the giant-headed king in the opening sequence), the YouTube channel will show one to two-minute cartoons featuring all new characters and scripts. According to a press release sent to TV Squad, there will be 50 shorts that are custom-made for the web (and eventual DVD release, I'm sure.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Goldbergs Sneak Peek: Barry Translates Erica's Hysterical Blubbering
- Vampire Diaries Season Finale Sneak Peek: New Photos Reveal 'Violence' and 'Despair'
- NCIS First Look: Hey, Did You Hear the One About DiNozzo and the Admiral's Daughter…?
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 5 Theme Is…
- Exclusive: Big Bang Theory's Raj, Bones' Sweets Embroiled in Unorthodox Love Triangle
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet (VIDEO)
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- More From ET