April 23, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 26th 2009 10:00AM
The fine art of interrogation may seem lost thanks to suspects lawyering up and the Miranda warning. Whatever happened to the days when a snarling cop could throw a perp against a brick wall to get him to squeal? Or a sly questioner could finagle a confession by laying on a guilt trip? Still, there are some very clever, brilliant interrogators plying their trade on these days. In fact, when you look at these eight interrogators, you'll probably agree that they know just how to get to the truth. Here are the eight top interrogators on TV today:
8. Captain James Brass, CSI
Brass is the most "old school" of all these interrogators. He's like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, only without the violence. Brass talks to suspects with a modicum of respect, but a healthy cynicism. He's seen it all and knows the truth is in there somewhere. He asks questions and waits for them to trip themselves up. When they do, he has them write it down. Despite the laconic attitude, Brass has the brass to get the job done.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- What to Watch Wednesday: Modern Family Down Under, Nashville in Concert, Survivor and More
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- More From TVLine
- First Look At Chloe Moretz and Denzel Washington In 'The Equalizer'
- Brad Pitt and Brett Ratner Enter Low-Budget Horror World With '3 Videotapes'
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- More From ET