May 27, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 26th 2009 10:00AM
The fine art of interrogation may seem lost thanks to suspects lawyering up and the Miranda warning. Whatever happened to the days when a snarling cop could throw a perp against a brick wall to get him to squeal? Or a sly questioner could finagle a confession by laying on a guilt trip? Still, there are some very clever, brilliant interrogators plying their trade on these days. In fact, when you look at these eight interrogators, you'll probably agree that they know just how to get to the truth. Here are the eight top interrogators on TV today:
8. Captain James Brass, CSI
Brass is the most "old school" of all these interrogators. He's like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, only without the violence. Brass talks to suspects with a modicum of respect, but a healthy cynicism. He's seen it all and knows the truth is in there somewhere. He asks questions and waits for them to trip themselves up. When they do, he has them write it down. Despite the laconic attitude, Brass has the brass to get the job done.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- [Video] 'The Bachelorette': Did One of Kaitlyn's Suitors Fall in Love with Another Guy?
- 'Bones' Exclusive Interview: The Writers Talk Brennan and Booth's Future and a Whirlpool Death
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blog: Kupah's Big Meltdown
- More From BuddyTV
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 12's Judges (and Mentors) Get Glam!
- TVLine Items: Jimmy Smits Gets Down, Grace and Frankie Renewed and More
- T.J. Miller's The Gorburger Show Gobbles Up Pilot Order at HBO
- More From TVLine