September 22, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 26th 2009 10:00AM
The fine art of interrogation may seem lost thanks to suspects lawyering up and the Miranda warning. Whatever happened to the days when a snarling cop could throw a perp against a brick wall to get him to squeal? Or a sly questioner could finagle a confession by laying on a guilt trip? Still, there are some very clever, brilliant interrogators plying their trade on these days. In fact, when you look at these eight interrogators, you'll probably agree that they know just how to get to the truth. Here are the eight top interrogators on TV today:
8. Captain James Brass, CSI
Brass is the most "old school" of all these interrogators. He's like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, only without the violence. Brass talks to suspects with a modicum of respect, but a healthy cynicism. He's seen it all and knows the truth is in there somewhere. He asks questions and waits for them to trip themselves up. When they do, he has them write it down. Despite the laconic attitude, Brass has the brass to get the job done.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Nikki Ferrell Quits Twitter After 'Couples Therapy,' Andi Dorfman Denies Break Up Rumors and More
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim's Leaked Nude Photo, Bruce's Spanx and More
- 'The Good Wife' Season 6 Premiere Recap: Alicia and Diane Team Up to Rescue Cary
- 'The Strain' Recap: Journey to the Master's Lair
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: The Twins Get Angry After Dina Reveals Some Gossip
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time: Dancin', Romancin' and 9 More Season Premiere Teasers
- The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap: You've Got... Jail?
- The Strain Recap: A Lot of Munchers
- Madam Secretary: Will You Keep the CBS Drama in Office?
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- More From TVLine