September 30, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 26th 2009 10:00AM
The fine art of interrogation may seem lost thanks to suspects lawyering up and the Miranda warning. Whatever happened to the days when a snarling cop could throw a perp against a brick wall to get him to squeal? Or a sly questioner could finagle a confession by laying on a guilt trip? Still, there are some very clever, brilliant interrogators plying their trade on these days. In fact, when you look at these eight interrogators, you'll probably agree that they know just how to get to the truth. Here are the eight top interrogators on TV today:
8. Captain James Brass, CSI
Brass is the most "old school" of all these interrogators. He's like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, only without the violence. Brass talks to suspects with a modicum of respect, but a healthy cynicism. He's seen it all and knows the truth is in there somewhere. He asks questions and waits for them to trip themselves up. When they do, he has them write it down. Despite the laconic attitude, Brass has the brass to get the job done.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Selfie' Review: Is Insensitive and Narcissistic Eliza Likable?
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Why this Candy-Coated Love Story Is Worth a Few Dates
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- More From BuddyTV
- Person of Interest: Amy Acker Ponders 'Her' New Master Plan, Root's Sexuality
- Castle Premiere Recap: When the Mystery Writer Becomes the Mystery
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Ear Factor [Updated]
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: The Lyin', the Witch and the Blood Oath
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Once Sent Matt Damon a Bed!
- Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix Reunite In 'Inherent Vice' Trailer
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo Is Here!
- Kevin Hart & Josh Gad Compare Their Theatrical Talents
- The Duggar Girls Go Glam On '19 Kids And Counting'
- More From ET