October 20, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 26th 2009 10:00AM
The fine art of interrogation may seem lost thanks to suspects lawyering up and the Miranda warning. Whatever happened to the days when a snarling cop could throw a perp against a brick wall to get him to squeal? Or a sly questioner could finagle a confession by laying on a guilt trip? Still, there are some very clever, brilliant interrogators plying their trade on these days. In fact, when you look at these eight interrogators, you'll probably agree that they know just how to get to the truth. Here are the eight top interrogators on TV today:
8. Captain James Brass, CSI
Brass is the most "old school" of all these interrogators. He's like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, only without the violence. Brass talks to suspects with a modicum of respect, but a healthy cynicism. He's seen it all and knows the truth is in there somewhere. He asks questions and waits for them to trip themselves up. When they do, he has them write it down. Despite the laconic attitude, Brass has the brass to get the job done.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV
- A Timeline of Sex on Shonda Rhimes' Shows, From Polite Kissing to Full on Eiffel Towering
- Behind the Scenes as Kerry Washington Bares All
- Fred Savage on ‘Wonder Years' Famous First Kiss: ‘I Can't Imagine I Was Good'
- Julia Roberts, Honored For Work Against Bullying, Says She Was a ‘Shrinking Violet' in School
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars Tease Nell's Recovery, Show Off Dance Moves
- More From ET