May 3, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 26th 2009 10:00AM
The fine art of interrogation may seem lost thanks to suspects lawyering up and the Miranda warning. Whatever happened to the days when a snarling cop could throw a perp against a brick wall to get him to squeal? Or a sly questioner could finagle a confession by laying on a guilt trip? Still, there are some very clever, brilliant interrogators plying their trade on these days. In fact, when you look at these eight interrogators, you'll probably agree that they know just how to get to the truth. Here are the eight top interrogators on TV today:
8. Captain James Brass, CSI
Brass is the most "old school" of all these interrogators. He's like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue, only without the violence. Brass talks to suspects with a modicum of respect, but a healthy cynicism. He's seen it all and knows the truth is in there somewhere. He asks questions and waits for them to trip themselves up. When they do, he has them write it down. Despite the laconic attitude, Brass has the brass to get the job done.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone's After Mark
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Finding the Horseman of War
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.21 Photos: Jackson and Hayley are On the Move
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Teams' Plans are Foiled by Driving Drama?
- 11 Reasons to Start Watching 'Penny Dreadful'
- More From BuddyTV
- Floyd Mayweather Wins in Unanimous Decision: 7 Highlights From the Big Fight!
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Star Sightings
- Brooklyn Decker & Andy Roddick Expecting First Child
- Watch Matt LeBlanc Sing Joey Tribianni's "Friends" Songs
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Debut Baby Girl: See the First Pics of the New Princess!
- More From ET