According to Deadline Hollywood, Emerson has landed the lead role in CBS's 'Persons of Interest,' reteaming him with 'Lost' mastermind J.J. Abrams. The pilot from Jonah Nolan follows an ex-CIA agent who teams with a billionaire, played by Emerson, to fight crime in New York City. Abrams is on board as executive producer.
Emerson was previously attached to star in a lighthearted spy series with fellow 'Lost' veteran Terry O'Quinn, but the script was not turned around in time for pilot season.
In other casting news ...
• Christine Lahti will play the lead in 'The Doctor,' CBS's new medical drama pilot. Lahti will play a mom and doctor who reconnects with her grown child at the family's medical practice. [Entertainment Weekly]
• 'Glee' breakout star Mike O'Malley has joined the cast of Fox's 'Family Album.' The Emmy-nominated actor will play a dad who embarks on an epic family vacation. Each season would feature a new vacation. [Vulture]
• Amber Benson is returning to 'Supernatural.' The 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' actress will reprise the role of Lenore, a good vampire. [Zap2It]
From cases that even Don Quixote would think were lost causes to the inappropriate behavior of Alan Shore, Denny Crane, and others, to the not-so-subtle references that these lawyers know they're on a TV show, Boston Legal was always was one moment away from drowning in its own silliness.
But last night's series finale descended into more silliness than I think even the show's most ardent fans could handle. There were sincere moments, but most of them barely had time to breathe and linger on people's consciousness before we got even more silliness.
(S04E20) "Shirley, it was good that we oppose." - Carl Sack leaving himself wide open.
Shatner and Spader's celebratory dance upon learning they were accepted into the Coast Guard may have been the best acting I have seen out of the two of them all season.
When I read the synopsis of the season finale I really didn't know what to think. At first glance, of course, the idea of one city seceding from the United States seems ridiculous. However, this being Boston Legal I knew there had to be more to it.
Over the last three seasons Boston Legal has been known as a program with a pretty busy revolving door when it comes to cast members coming and going. Usually, though, it was some of the smaller fish in the pond that came and went like the wind. This time around some of the bigger fish have been given their walking papers instead.
According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello Constance Zimmer, Julie Bowen, Mark Valley and Rene Auberjonois have been let go from the program. To fill the void, former Night Court actor John Larroquette will be joining the series as a regular, but not as the character he portrayed on The Practice. Instead, he'll be (another) attorney from the New York offices of Crane, Poole and Schmidt. Also joining the cast will be Dirt's Tara Summers, who will play a young associate to the firm. Finally, much to some people's chagrin, Christian Clemenson, who portrays the quirky Jerry Espenson, will be promoted to series regular.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: 2 Female HoHs and 2 Female Targets
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- True Detective Recap: Faking It
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- Kit Harington's Long Hair: Is It a Clue to Jon Snow's Game of Thrones Future?
- More From TVLine
- Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Wed in Secret Ceremony!
- Bobby Brown Performs In Atlanta But Doesn't Mention Bobbi Kristina Onstage
- George & Amal Clooney Celebrate Fourth of July in Lake Como with Julia Roberts
- Billy Joel Secretly Marries Alexis Roderick at Long Island Estate
- Princess Charlotte Christened In Same Church Princess Diana Was Baptized In -- See the Pics!
- More From ET