"Nugent knows the thing that's gonna jolt our youth awake is the newspaper industry," Stephen Colbert said. Later in the show, he even brought out a member of this generation to get their reaction, but the young lady didn't seem to know who Ted Nugent was ...
Colbert took particular delight in a phrase Nugent used in his article. He described today's youth as "terminally stoned on apathy."
'Project Runway' Preps All Stars Season, Ted Nugent Readies Presidential Run on 'The Simpsons' and More
Lifetime will have eight one-hour episodes of the season with veteran designers. Last time 'Project Runway' assembled past contestants was for the 2009 'Project Runway All Star Challenge.' Season 2's Daniel Vosovic won the 'All Star Challenge.'
In addition to season 9 of 'Project Runway' and 'Project Runway All Stars,' Lifetime has also announced 'Project Accessory.' The new series will follow artists as they attempt to create the newest trend in accessories.
In other TV news ...
• Ted Nugent is running for president ... on 'The Simpsons.' The conservative rock star/hunter will lend his voice to an episode of the Fox series next season. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Comedy Central has renewed 'Workaholics' for a season 2. "It's not only gratifying to know the audience for 'Workaholics' has grown week-by-week, but also rewarding to see how the show is changing the way people live and work," Kent Alterman, head of original programming and production at Comedy Central, said in a statement. "Pretty soon, our national productivity will be so low, we will all have more leisure time." [Deadline]
• Neil Patrick Harris is returning to the Tony Awards. This will be his second time as host. [Deadline]
"(Palin's) coming from the street, she's coming from the we-the-people rank-and-file, she makes sense when she talks, she says all the right things, she's sincere, she's knowledgeable , she's articulate, she's damn good-looking, plus she kills moose, how can you go wrong?" Nugent gushed.
However, when Cooper pressed Nugent on whether Palin would make a good president, Nugent balked.
"It's too early to tell. Right know, if we had a vote, I couldn't vote for Sarah Palin. And I love her. I love her madly, and I respect her."
When somebody as naturally sympathetic to Palin as The Nuge doesn't believe he can vote for her, maybe it's time we stop talking about the former half-governor of Alaska as a viable presidential candidate.
Olbermann also speculated on why it took the national media two weeks to pick up on what Nugent had said -- which he chalked up to the Nug's irrelevance -- before suggesting he only finds Nugent's words relevant because the guitar hero will be speaking at a rally Glenn Beck is putting on August 28 in Washington, DC.
Nugent's allegedly racist statement? "There's a lot of white people in this crowd! I like that! This a white town."
While Olbermann was quoting the local paper, a photojournalist who was at the show has come forward to question the accuracy of the quote, and to suggest Nugent -- who does have a history of controversial statements -- was making a sarcastic observation rather than stating a preference for a white crowd.
So that's sort of murky, but Nugent is speaking at the Glenn Beck rally, right?
Actually, no. While there were initially discussions for him to appear, instead he will by putting on a show in Boise, Idaho on August 28th.
So, if you are in Boise, and happened to be watching Olbermann on Friday, the Motor City Madman will still be playing your town on the 28th. And it may even be OK for non-white folks to attend.
Cool. But luckily, or unluckily, the singer managed to sound plenty insane without taking any controlled substances.
During his interview with George Lopez, Nugent screamed, cursed, repeated the same phrases over and over, and gave the camera the finger. Neat! " ... You sound like you're on drugs!" host Lopez said.
Wow. Just...wow. Is this legal? I expect that there will be no actual firearms used in the hunting of people, but with Ted Nugent it's hard to be sure. Two of the people behind this show are the same who brought us the two recent Scott Baio reality programs. They are Eric Bischoff, who used to run World Championship Wrestling, and Jason Hervey, who played Fred Savage's older brother on The Wonder Years. They seem appropriate for a show about twisted sport as shared amongst family members.
The show will air in August. I would watch it just to see if Nugent kills someone.
(S19E04) If I don't make it, feel free to re-marry from anyone on the list on the bulletin board in the closet. -- Marge, during her hostage scare
We had two good things happen this week on The Simpsons. First, we finally had an episode that didn't focus on Homer. Second, we had a guest voice that was actually utilized. Actually, there were two guest voices used well; I just didn't know about one of them until the credits were rolling. More as we progress.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 3
- Who Is Going to Die in 'Arrow' Season 4?
- More From BuddyTV
- EXCLUSIVE: Gia and Joe Giudice Prep for Teresa's 'Perfect' Holiday Homecoming
- Snooki Says She's Going to 'Trick' Husband Jionni Into Getting Her Pregnant Again
- Malika Haqq, Khloe Kardashian's BFF and 'Dash Dolls' Star, Arrested for DUI
- Gloria Allred on Bill Cosby's Upcoming Deposition: 'We Fight Hard and We Fight to Win'
- Meet 'The Originals' Newest Cop: 'Veronica Mars' Star Jason Dohring Talks Stepping Into Season 3!
- More From ET