On Friday, July 18th, the seventh season of Monk will premiere on the USA network. For some this is incredibly good news, particularly since the show will be celebrating its 100th episode come September. For others, season seven is three or four seasons too many. It's these people who think Adrian Monk should retire to a Feung Shui-styled, completely dust-free room to live out his remaining days lamenting about his lost love Trudy.
Fortunately, Tony Shalhoub doesn't want Monk to retire. In a recent interview the actor who plays the obsessive-compulsive Mr. Monk said that there is plenty more to explore about the character and the people around him. This is especially true thanks to the revelations of the season six finale, which opened up a whole new avenue for Monk to find the killer of his wife. That, and the introduction of a new therapist into Monk's life (due to the sudden death of Stanley Kamel), have the seventh season looking interesting.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- SYTYCD Top 6 Recap: It's Gonna Be a Bride, Sunshiney Day [Updated]
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Louis' Power Play, Mike/Rachel's Future
- Castle's Derrick Storm Novels Being Developed Into New ABC Series
- The CW's iZombie Recasts Its Mother
- The Middle Braces for Richard Kind as Sue's Orthodontist
- More From TVLine