"Nugent knows the thing that's gonna jolt our youth awake is the newspaper industry," Stephen Colbert said. Later in the show, he even brought out a member of this generation to get their reaction, but the young lady didn't seem to know who Ted Nugent was ...
Colbert took particular delight in a phrase Nugent used in his article. He described today's youth as "terminally stoned on apathy."
"(Palin's) coming from the street, she's coming from the we-the-people rank-and-file, she makes sense when she talks, she says all the right things, she's sincere, she's knowledgeable , she's articulate, she's damn good-looking, plus she kills moose, how can you go wrong?" Nugent gushed.
However, when Cooper pressed Nugent on whether Palin would make a good president, Nugent balked.
"It's too early to tell. Right know, if we had a vote, I couldn't vote for Sarah Palin. And I love her. I love her madly, and I respect her."
When somebody as naturally sympathetic to Palin as The Nuge doesn't believe he can vote for her, maybe it's time we stop talking about the former half-governor of Alaska as a viable presidential candidate.
Wow. Just...wow. Is this legal? I expect that there will be no actual firearms used in the hunting of people, but with Ted Nugent it's hard to be sure. Two of the people behind this show are the same who brought us the two recent Scott Baio reality programs. They are Eric Bischoff, who used to run World Championship Wrestling, and Jason Hervey, who played Fred Savage's older brother on The Wonder Years. They seem appropriate for a show about twisted sport as shared amongst family members.
The show will air in August. I would watch it just to see if Nugent kills someone.
(S19E04) If I don't make it, feel free to re-marry from anyone on the list on the bulletin board in the closet. -- Marge, during her hostage scare
We had two good things happen this week on The Simpsons. First, we finally had an episode that didn't focus on Homer. Second, we had a guest voice that was actually utilized. Actually, there were two guest voices used well; I just didn't know about one of them until the credits were rolling. More as we progress.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Blair Underwood is caught between the love of two very different women
- Watch '24: Live Another Day' new promo: There's no going home for Jack Bauer
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- More From TVLine