"Nugent knows the thing that's gonna jolt our youth awake is the newspaper industry," Stephen Colbert said. Later in the show, he even brought out a member of this generation to get their reaction, but the young lady didn't seem to know who Ted Nugent was ...
Colbert took particular delight in a phrase Nugent used in his article. He described today's youth as "terminally stoned on apathy."
"(Palin's) coming from the street, she's coming from the we-the-people rank-and-file, she makes sense when she talks, she says all the right things, she's sincere, she's knowledgeable , she's articulate, she's damn good-looking, plus she kills moose, how can you go wrong?" Nugent gushed.
However, when Cooper pressed Nugent on whether Palin would make a good president, Nugent balked.
"It's too early to tell. Right know, if we had a vote, I couldn't vote for Sarah Palin. And I love her. I love her madly, and I respect her."
When somebody as naturally sympathetic to Palin as The Nuge doesn't believe he can vote for her, maybe it's time we stop talking about the former half-governor of Alaska as a viable presidential candidate.
Wow. Just...wow. Is this legal? I expect that there will be no actual firearms used in the hunting of people, but with Ted Nugent it's hard to be sure. Two of the people behind this show are the same who brought us the two recent Scott Baio reality programs. They are Eric Bischoff, who used to run World Championship Wrestling, and Jason Hervey, who played Fred Savage's older brother on The Wonder Years. They seem appropriate for a show about twisted sport as shared amongst family members.
The show will air in August. I would watch it just to see if Nugent kills someone.
(S19E04) If I don't make it, feel free to re-marry from anyone on the list on the bulletin board in the closet. -- Marge, during her hostage scare
We had two good things happen this week on The Simpsons. First, we finally had an episode that didn't focus on Homer. Second, we had a guest voice that was actually utilized. Actually, there were two guest voices used well; I just didn't know about one of them until the credits were rolling. More as we progress.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- Kate Holmes on Angelina Jolie's Kids' Choice Awards Speech: She's an Inspiration
- 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast
- Star Sightings March 2015
- FLASHBACK: ‘Tommy Boy' Turns 20! Behind the Scenes With Chris Farley and David Spade
- Zayn Malik's First Solo Song Is Out (and Some One Direction Fans Aren't Happy)
- More From ET