Kudos to Stiles for being the best comic relief, the cleverest guy in the room, and brave enough to face off against the Alpha. Who knew he had all that in him when we first met him three months ago? That said, we loved his reaction when the Alpha caught his fire bomb.
Luckily, he got an assist from Allison and then a back-up volley from Jackson of all people. Everyone coming together to face the "big bad." It's like a season finale of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' up in here!
Jackson was probably pretty bummed to find out that not only can Derek haunt his waking hours, but now he's getting into his dreams as well. It's a good thing this was a dream, though, as the good doctor starting to pull some kind of grotesque sinew out of the scratches was almost too much to bear if it was real.
As for that connection, Jackson started talking about nightmares he'd been having about a burning house with people screaming. Could he be dreaming Derek's memories? The connection doesn't seem to be wolfie, as Jackson hasn't turned yet, but maybe that's still to come.
Even though she hasn't gotten a ton of screen time in the first few episodes, Holland Roden is already one of the show's standouts as the bratty mean girl Lydia Martin. Fans eager for more of her snarky quips are in luck: we're going to see a lot more Lydia as the season progresses.
We caught up with Roden to chat about fan mail, her number one crush and why there's a lot more to Lydia than you might think.
Apparently, MTV has cast two guys named Tyler as both the central protagonist and antagonist. Tyler Posey plays the nerdy high schooler who gets bitten by a wolf and Tyler Hoechlin has been cast as his arch-nemesis, another werewolf. One can only wonder if this casting was done in hopes that they would be confused for Taylor Lautner, the werewolf in the latest Twilight movie.
MTV VP Liz Gately says, "It has a fresh take and is very different from the original." They go on to explain that it's more similar to An American Werewolf in Paris (not London, but Paris). I'm still trying to wrap my brain around why remakes seem to be all the rage right now. Especially if this remake is so different from the source title. Why is it a remake then?
Have we reached a creative laziness where it's just easier to try and sell the public on a property they've already heard of than something brand new? If this is as "very different" as Gately says, then why not just call it something else entirely? Vampires and werewolves are popular enough right now with the kids that you don't need a 24-year old movie title to sell a series.
Children's television is the ultimate pacifier. Where else in the world can a terrible, horrific monster that destroys both life and property with nary a whiff of sympathy be turned into a soft, cuddly character who has his own line of soft, cuddly dolls being sold at the local Wal-Mart? It's only later in life, after they've adjusted to these de-fanged monsters, do they realize that their beliefs were so wrong. Aaaannnddd, that's where the therapy comes in.
But, we're not here to talk about the emotional problems that are paralyzing you today. We're here to talk about those vampires, ghosts and mummies that were stripped down and made to be funny, clumsy and even musically oriented. After the jump you'll see a few examples of what I mean. Don't worry, they won't scare you...they've been homogenized for your nightmare-free pleasure.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 9 Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 3 Spoilers: Songs and Styles for Latin Night
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Finale Mystery: Charles is A, But Who is Charles?
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Suicidal Tendencies'
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Season 6: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?
- More From BuddyTV
- House of Cards Boss Beau Willimon Responds to My Biggest (and Pretty Much Only) Gripe About Season 3
- Girl Meets World Finale Video: Riley's First Date Becomes a Public Affair
- TVLine Items: Nashville's Daddy Issues, GoT Actor Meets Super Clyde and More
- CSI's William Petersen Eyes TV Return With Major Manhattan Gig
- General Hospital Anniversary Promo Teases Reveal of Luke's Dark Secret
- More From TVLine
- Nick Jonas on Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'It's a Tough World'
- Kendall Jenner Lands Her Own Calvin Klein Jeans Campaign
- Rihanna Releases New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money' (After Making Her Fans Really Mad)
- Ed Sheeran Surprises Couple and Becomes the Best Wedding Singer of All Time
- Is Taylor Swift Dating Rita Ora's Ex Calvin Harris? See the Pics!
- More From ET